Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI cheque book and Govt Duty

Options
  • 05-04-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I have a BOI current account .. I have a cheque book but very very rarely use it...still lots left in current book. Now I just got a new cheque book in post and see online that I have been charged €12.50 govt duty on this ... I didnt ask for it, dont want it...can I return and seek refund of duty???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Zipppy wrote: »
    I have a BOI current account .. I have a cheque book but very very rarely use it...still lots left in current book. Now I just got a new cheque book in post and see online that I have been charged €12.50 govt duty on this ... I didnt ask for it, dont want it...can I return and seek refund of duty???

Yes can be returned for refund. You sat you didnt want it but its something they must charge. Its part of terms of account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Just back to my branch I assume ?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yep, back to your account holding branch. If the branch isn't near you, you can pop it into your local branch and they will send it on in the internal mail for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Zipppy wrote: »

By any chance did you use one of the later cheques in the older book? The system automatically issues a new cheque book when they figure you're down to your last 3 or 4 cheques.

Check the end of the older chequebook and see if you used one of the last few cheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Thanks people...ye are great :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement