Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC visa:Cost of medical?

Options
  • 05-04-2011 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Has anyone undergone the medical for the IEC visa. If so, how much did it cost (or is it included in fee of 110 euros) and what does it entail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I'm just going to copy what I wrote in another thread. Any questions just ask. Cost is definitely not included.

I applied and they sent me my medical forms within 4.5 weeks. The reason I need the medical is because I was living in a country outside of Ireland for more than 6 months of the past year (it's South Korea and they deem it to be a risk). I went onto their site, found a DMP (designated medical practitioner) and got my tests taken. There was only 2 doctors in the whole of Korea, so I went to the one nearest me.

Tests were a chest x-ray,blood test, urine test, HIV test and then just a basic check up. I did it on the Friday and they sent my results off on the Monday. They're not allowed to tell you what your results were, but she said they'd call me if there was any big problems so everything will be fine I suppose. My results should have arrived in London last Friday, so I hope I should be hearing from them now soon.

I think I got my medical forms so quickly because the only reason I needed it was due to living in a country "at risk."

It says on the form that you should allow 4 weeks for the medical process, but it also says that once they receive the results a decision should be reached in ten days. I took that to mean 4 weeks from the day you go in for your tests. Korea is pretty efficient when it comes to this kind of stuff so I don't think I'd be expecting a weekend turn around at home.

Incidentally, I remember that there were only 2 doctors in Ireland to get it done with. One in Cork and one up in Dublin. All you needed to bring in with you was your passport and then two photographs. Just fill out a bit of paperwork and that was that. The tests cost me 170EUR (with the currency conversion) not sure of the price for them at home.
    Any other questions, just ask. I'll let you know when everything goes through anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Starville

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

Starville wrote: »
    Has anyone undergone the medical for the IEC visa. If so, how much did it cost (or is it included in fee of 110 euros) and what does it entail?

Ya its really not included in what you have already paid! I've just made my appointment for next week in Cork. You must have a chest xray and a full medical check including bloods

Chest x ray: E80
    Medical: E190
    Leaving this overpriced joke of a country behind: Priceless

Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Hi
    I've just received my year visa from Canada. I ticked to do a medical (because of my job). Can anyone tell me what I need to do next. Do I need to organise the medical myself now with a doctor or will someone contact me about the medical??

Thanks

Advertisement