Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who thinks they have screwed up William St with all the Works going on

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread in the Motors forum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There's an obnoxious parking forum? :eek: cannae wait for a look at that

Guess which pedantic pat started it? :D

10th December 2008....................still running, normally stays on Pages 1 and 2 of the forum and its a busy forum.

EDIT It takes a few pages of grief before the thread really find its own.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055438379

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

sorry for bumping up this thread.
    but would u believe i posted this in april & they are still doing it in October & beyond it. i see roads and houses nearly built quicker that & the business and starting to agree what i said in April about the works!!:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

sorry for bumping up this thread.
    but would u believe i posted this in april & they are still doing it in October & beyond it. i see roads and houses nearly built quicker that & the business and starting to agree what i said in April about the works!!:eek::eek:

:confused: It was never supposed to be finished by now. It was originally due to be finished by Christmas and now looks like it'll be January. Works on Sarsfield St. started in Jul 10 and the whole thing was due to take 18 months.
    See here http://www.limerickcity.ie/Transport/MajorProjects/LimerickCityCentreRemodellingandPedestrianisation/WilliamStreetContractSigning/TENDER%20PRESS%20RELEASE-WilliamStreet.pdf

:confused: It was never supposed to be finished by now. It was originally due to be finished by Christmas and now looks like it'll be January. Works on Sarsfield St. started in Jul 10 and the whole thing was due to take 18 months.
    See here http://www.limerickcity.ie/Transport/MajorProjects/LimerickCityCentreRemodellingandPedestrianisation/WilliamStreetContractSigning/TENDER%20PRESS%20RELEASE-WilliamStreet.pdf

sorry i thought was supposed to be finished by october/November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They're going at a snails pace though! I often pass through William street and no work at all is happening!

They're going at a snails pace though! I often pass through William street and no work at all is happening!
    u would not want to be pissed driving with the way u have to criss cross the lanes :P:P:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

sorry i thought was supposed to be finished by october/November

No worries dude. AA roadwatch were saying October alright, and according to their site the works are now finished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

More like October 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    The whole street, buildings and all, should be levelled.
    Putting in a nice footpath won't make much of a difference if the buildings along it are still an eyesore.

Despite my earlier stance on the issue, I must say the lower end of William St it looking very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was manic again last night though. Taxi drivers double parking down as far as the bend (outside Keanes), then on the other side of the road there was shoppers parked the whole way up in bits and pieces using the right hand lane and just had their hazards on. The taxi rank on sarsfield street was empty bar two unattended taxis that where using it to park their cars. Something needs to be done quick in town cause it is causing traffic to be all over the place at them moment on William Street. The street looks much nicer but needs to be now policed better.

Advertisement