Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would you choose Slane? Oxegen? Electric Picnic?

Options
  • 05-04-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭

The entire life up for Slane 2011 has been announced

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0405/slane.html
    Joining the headliners will be Elbow, Thin Lizzy and White Lies.

Mona and The Whigs complete the bill.

Tickets for the event, marking the 30th anniversary of the first Slane show, sold out in under 40 minutes.

So seeing as money is tight for most of us right now, if all three were an option which would you choose. I'm personally thinking Electric Picnic, but I'm curious to see what everyone else would choose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

None of them have a line up that interests me this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

For once, the line-up at Electric Picnic is as good as the venue itself.

So Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Slane sounds muck

Going to both Oxegen and EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Picnic all the way!

I've never seen the appeal of slane tbh and oxegen is is just a terrible terrible festival.

I've been to all but one of the picnics and had a ball each time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

In before someone mentions a European festival that isn't in the listed options.

If I were to pick one it'd be EP. I'm too old for Oxegen and Slane's going to be a ****ing buzzerfest.

• Advertisement

McTigs wrote: »
    Picnic all the way!

I've never seen the appeal of slane tbh and oxegen is is just a terrible terrible festival.

I've been to all but one of the picnics and had a ball each time

I wouldn't go as far as a terrible terrible festival, but it's definitely going downhill. The last few years the crowd has just been getting worse and worse, no doubt some part of that down to the increasing amount of pop and rap acts being added. Saying that though I've had a great weekend all 7 years.

But EP is just something else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Pace2008 wrote: »
    In before someone mentions a European festival that isn't in the listed options.

If I were to pick one it'd be EP. I'm too old for Oxegen and Slane's going to be a ****ing buzzerfest.

I deliberately didn't choose a European festival!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I think this year's line-up at the Picnic is the best yet.

Pity I can't go.

And Kings of Leon are crap. No way I'd go see them. So that's Slane dismissed.

As for Oxygen. Not a chance..

maximoose wrote: »
    I wouldn't go as far as a terrible terrible festival, but it's definitely going downhill. The last few years the crowd has just been getting worse and worse I've been getting older, I'm afraid :(
    I think it's been pretty much the same every year, man. It's just that as I move through my twenties my tolerance for kids and wreckheads is diminishing.

Life Festival's less than two months away, though :)

• Advertisement

I think it's been pretty much the same every year, man. It's just that as I move through my twenties my tolerance for kids and wreckheads is diminishing.

You could be right, this getting old and growing up business is a bollix eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

None of them. Overpriced drink, Overpriced food. Drugged up fcukers setting fire to tents. Toilets that wouldn't be tolerated in India. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What age is too old for oxegen?
    Not trying to be a smart arse, I agree with you.
    Just wondering what people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Electric Picnic looks really good this year. The others, not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

none of them, i never had any interest in festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The Script and The Black Eyed Peas?! BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA! Fuck Oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

People actually pay money to see Kings of Leon?

Sanjuro wrote: »
    The Script and The Black Eyed Peas?! BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA! Fuck Oxegen.

Sums up how crap Oxegen has become really, worst headline acts ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Brilliant line up at the Picnic. Going to Slane, but not because i like any of the bands.

The Kilmainham Forbidden Fruits Festival actually is better then anything else that is going on this year.

Oh, and Whipping Boy play the Roisin Dubh on the 20th May. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

The lineup for Oxegen is amazing this year but too expensive for me..Strokes and Arctic Monkeys etc :D. Finishing the leaving cert in 2009 I headed to Oxegen with alot of friends, had a great weekend and went out of my way to be nice to people if they asked for a fag or directions :D. It's just a certain group of scumbags or idiots that make a bad experience for alot of people :mad:. Kings of Leon I'd say.

• Advertisement

The Kilmainham Forbidden Fruits Festival actually is better then anything else that is going on this year.
    Aye, the lineup's unreal and to me it seemed the whole thing just came out of nowhere.

Small festival's are where it's at.

Aye, the lineup's unreal and to me it seemed the whole thing just came out of nowhere.

True, and i forgot to add that Oxegen sucks donkey cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Only good thing about EP is I met my BF there. Didn’t like it down there at all. Reminded me of Oxegen with all the knackbags down there.

/he's not a knackbag :P

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

maximoose wrote: »
    Sums up how crap Oxegen has become really, worst headline acts ever.

I have to agree, in fact the lineup in general is pretty crap. Been once and the oh the mud, the mud! Rock werchter in Belgium would be my fantasy fest this year, fantastic lineup and no drivel.

Slane is pretty cool but oh the traffic, the traffic! Don't get Kings of Leon either.

EL sounds great, decent lineup but oh the ticket price, the ticket price! Of the 3 though probably the most laid back and chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

You said it brotha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Is that the first year for this festival? I've never heard of it. When is it on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Prob the only person to say Oxegen. Never had a bad moment there since 2006 .
    EP have their strongest Line Up although to expensive (i no Oxegen is expensive)

Slane not a hope even though i wouldnt mind seeing White Lies and Elbow again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What about Marlay Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Lack of poll.

Picnic and Forbidden fruit for me although I just might sneak in a one day turn at oxegen to se The National again

• Advertisement

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Is that the first year for this festival? I've never heard of it. When is it on?

Its the first year alright, but there has been gigs there before afaik.

Advertisement