Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Galway Vege stuff

Options
  • 05-04-2011 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hows Tesco Galway at the moment for Vege stuff, god they used to do loads; last time i was there they appeared to have stopped their own brand of vege stuff and had a pretty poor selection!
    Anyone know what they're like at the moment?? save me a wasted trip if they aint any better:o also do they have the new quorn stuff?? tuna bakes etc?? Thanks in advance :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

The Tesco on the Headford road in Galway has very little veggie stuff in comparison to how it used to be. They'd have the usual quorn products (burgers, mince, sausages etc.) but none of the new range that everyone on heres been talking about (like cold sausage rolls and ham). Oh and they'v a bit of Linda McCartney too. As for their own range all i ever see is the vegetable lasagna. I was in the Tesco in Oranmore yesterday and they had a bigger selection. Things i'v never seen before like chicken korma and chicken tikka masala made by quorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Veggie? Tuna?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Tuna_Style__Sweetcorn_Crispbake.aspx They'v a new fish range, haven't seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Bit off-topic but if you're making it as far as Tesco on Headford Road, why don't you pop into Evergreen, just across the way from Tesco's exit in the shopping centre. Haven't been in there for a while, but it used to be a fantastic source for veggie goodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

oh i do, i like evergreen alot but they're so dear, i do try buy some stuff in there but at the end of the day they're €2 or €3 quid dearer sometimes, i have a tight budget at the moment! i could really go some vege haggis outa there now! yummy:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

yea, Evergreen are very pricey. apart from Tesco, what are the other shops in around town like, Dunnes? Anything in Aldi/Lidl?
    I'd be willing to get the bus to one of the other shops like Knocknacarra/Westside if they were better. Could go once/twice a month and stock up.
    I find my local Supervalu (Portumna) are fairly crap with their selection, they have a few Quorn things but for rural Galway it's excusable i think. They're about on the same level as Tesco Headford Rd. Like i've said in another thread, going vegan i think so when September and another college year comes along, i'll be shopping in Galway again.
    looking for the best/cheapest places for veggie/vegan food in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hmmm, not sure if it's still the same, but I found the Evergreen beside the Tesco in Galway city to be much cheaper than the Evergreen on Shop St a couple of years ago :) Not sure what the current veggie food stock in shops are as I haven't been in a while.

It would also be worth your wise to compare the price of things in Evergreen with Healthwise if in the city centre. Dunnes must have some fake meats, but there wouldn't be anything like that in Lidl/Aldi. However, Lidl are great for the cheap vegetables, and they are the base for endless meals!

Advertisement