Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of name on UPC bill / contract

• 05-04-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the name on a 12 month UPC contract to a new name?

Situation is, I am moving into a new house share and the contract holder left several months ago, having agreed with the others that they settle the rest of the bills at the post office as they wanted the service.

I do not want all the services on the current contract, I want to change it. This is not possible for me to do as my name does not appear on the bill and UPC refuse to discuss this with me. I am happy to sign a new 12 month contract with the services I want.

I do not want to continue paying for the services which are being supplied currently. Also am the only person living in the house at the moment.

According to UPC website:
    UPC wrote:
    Allow another person deal with my account
    Can I allow a third party to discuss details of my account with your Customer Service team?

Yes, with written permission from the account holder we can add another name to your account which will allow this person to discuss your account details. If you would like to do this please send a letter to UPC, Building P2, East Point Business Park, Clontarf, Dublin 3.

You can also give permission to a third party to speak to a member of our customer service team by calling us, confirming that you would like the third party to speak on your behalf and transferring the phone to the third party.

Couldn't find anything else.

Anyone else had a similar experience or any helpful information?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just sign up for yourself. You cannot cancel or make any changes to this other person's account. Ring UPC and tell them you've just moved in, and order the services you want. They will have to chase the other person with regard to closing that account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

For a while I lived with somebody who had the contract under her name, when she was moving out I wanted to transfer it but they told me that while it was possible to add my name to the account it wasn't possible to remove hers. In the end we had to pay the early termination fee and then I had to sign up for a new contract. Quite annoying but it wasn't all that long ago so I doubt they have changed their policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Hi I tried to change a UPC account into my own name a few weeks ago. They told me they would need something in writing from the current account holder to say that they wanted to cancel there account or that they wanted me added as contact.

Advertisement