Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs fair or employers willing to sponsor?

Options
  • 05-04-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

Does anyone know of any employers seeking IT staff and willing to sponsor... Or any Australian Jobs fair on soon? The only job fair i found was for early October...

http://www.workingabroad.net/expo/dublin.html

As i keep hearing there is a lack of IT staff in Oz and thought that someone might have heard of companies sponsoring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nicmarie

it prob depends on how qualified you are! Its hard to get sponsored unless you have a skill that a company is willing to pay to sponsor you for! ive worked in banks insurance companys and other office jobs and I was told I will never get sponsored as the government will not agree to this as so many australians can do this kind of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I have seen plenty of topics on Britishexpats.com about "Work in Oz" expos, really most people who go along say it's a waste of time unless you work in Engineering or Healthcare.

Probably better to get on seek.com or contact someone you know in Australia to put a word in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

nicmarie wrote: »
    it prob depends on how qualified you are! Its hard to get sponsored unless you have a skill that a company is willing to pay to sponsor you for! ive worked in banks insurance companys and other office jobs and I was told I will never get sponsored as the government will not agree to this as so many australians can do this kind of work.

There is a list of occupation for which you can get sponsored. If you're not on the list you can't get sponsored no matter how qualified you are.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/457occupations.pdf

Advertisement