Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement greenhouse glazing

Options
  • 05-04-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

hi all,

we are in need of some replacement panels of glazing for our hall's style 6x6 glass greenhouse. we lost 8 or 10 glass panels over the last 12 months, and we have dogs who run about the garden. obviously replacing the glass with glass is not an option, as it's too dangerous for our furry friends, not to mind the difficulty in cleaning up smashed panels.

i've been in touch with a few plastics companies (namely Access + Goldstar), along with AC Taylor trading... they are all coming back with prices of ~€25-30 for replacing 2no 2'x2' panels with a single 4x2 acrylic/perspex panel. this is madness, as we have 10 panels to replace. you can get 4'x2' panels (610mm x 1220mm) from the UK for about £13 a pop, but they won't deliver over here because of the size/weight/whatever.

has anyone ever replaced their glazing with plastics? twinwall is an option alright for the back wall of the greenhouse, but wouldn't look very nice on the sides + front...

any ideas?

d.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I thought I saw sheets of plastic in b&q that might do the job,at the building supplies end.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

thanks for that, but unfortunately b&q's prices are ludicrous. they wanted something like €38 for a 4x2 sheet.

thanks for the input though mate.

d.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

My local Co-op has perspex sheets but I can't give you a price I'm afraid. I'm in Cork.

Advertisement