Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to Basics [C&C] (Honda Integra DA6)

• 05-04-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

I've found myself quite frustrated over the last few months trying to settle into a style that is not too OTT, can be reproduced quickly over large batches of images but still stand out as something a little bit special.

For the first (ever I think) I ditched my beloved filters and strobes and shot au naturale and concentrated on extracting as much possible from as little as possible.

Big thanks to Aussie snapper Casey Dhnaram for helping me work on my PP style recently !

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6696-Edit.jpg

Full Feature

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Very nice Paddy, all but the second one are excellent. I like the new direction on the pp. Is this a pure racer or road also, mega low..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I agree, No.2 is a bit of a clunker, but the rest are top notch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Nice shots, always liked Integras :)

The one thing I dont like is the retro style coupled with the flashy shots of a modern car, I think the loss in contrast doesn't do the photos justice at making the car stand out. The photos just seem like the brightness is a bit too high, other then that I like the shots themselves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Yup, it's a street car and is mega, mega low. Had to wait after any speed ramps for him to catch up. The car is 1989/90 AFAIR so I definitely wouldn't call it modern.

I know some won't like the murky blacks but it's something I've grown to like over the last while and tried to include in my workflow. Appreciate the honesty & feedback everyone, thank you !

Ah yeah sorry I meant modern in a non-vintage way if you get me.
    Yeah it would be about that age (89-93), my dad used to have a Jap import DA6 Honda Integra RSi/XSi with a close ratio gearbox in black (although not half as low :rolleyes:).

Maybe its just the blacks/greys that I dont find the style goes well with but I suppose it might go well with other colours. I look forward to seeing more :)
    Cheers for posting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Nice shots as always Paddy, I actually quite like shot 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

5 is my favorite, but that is one sweet car. Between the honda rootbeer metalic, bbs alloys and the custom interior / styling.... :drool:

After reading the full feature on speedhunters, I don't think those are your best shots from it..

5 is my favorite, but that is one sweet car. Between the honda rootbeer metalic, bbs alloys and the custom interior / styling.... :drool:

After reading the full feature on speedhunters, I don't think those are your best shots from it..

I always hear people saying that and I concede that I'm only ever able to pick my favorite shots and never the best shots so to speak. Out of curiosity, which shots would you have chosen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd have gone with

IMG_6589.jpg

or

IMG_6506.jpg

to show off the rear of the car, in that order

and personally I like this shot as well
    IMG_6578.jpg

The whole feature comes together very nicely though and imo, you did the car justice as far as capturing the character and effort put into it :)

and california?! Yes, I'm jealous!!!

I really like the last photo that Challengemaster picked with the lovely DOF it just really suits the shot. Definitely my fav shout out of the lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Paddy, I like what you do for car photography so ignore these comments at will.

1. I find the reflection on the front windscreen a bit distracting, keeps catching my eye.
    2. This one does not seem to match the set (not industrial enough) also I think a bit more light beneath to separate the shadow from the car would have helped isolate the car, I know the car has low suspension etc.
    3. Although I think your trying to showcase the custom "block" I find myself wondering whats on the coloured pipe and the dial in the out of focus areas of the photo, do you have a wider dof shot?
    4. The lucozade bottle and cuddly toy distract from the photo.
    5. I think the bumper seems to melt into the scrap steel of background a bit
    6. My fav, great sense of speed and like the sun flare too.

Just a question... is the amount of space around the car delibrate so as to add text in say a magazine or is this just your style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I actually quite like the second shot as well and the first interior shot from the full feature I think is much better.

Much prefer the new style in general as well.

IamBlip wrote: »
    Paddy, I like what you do for car photography so ignore these comments at will.

1. I find the reflection on the front windscreen a bit distracting, keeps catching my eye.
    2. This one does not seem to match the set (not industrial enough) also I think a bit more light beneath to separate the shadow from the car would have helped isolate the car, I know the car has low suspension etc.
    3. Although I think your trying to showcase the custom "block" I find myself wondering whats on the coloured pipe and the dial in the out of focus areas of the photo, do you have a wider dof shot?
    4. The lucozade bottle and cuddly toy distract from the photo.
    5. I think the bumper seems to melt into the scrap steel of background a bit
    6. My fav, great sense of speed and like the sun flare too.

Just a question... is the amount of space around the car delibrate so as to add text in say a magazine or is this just your style.

Appreciate you taking your time to provide the feedback, thank you! I always leave lots of negative space in photographs, guess it's the graphic designer in me still trying to free himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Trigger76

Like em - would like em more in black and white :)

Advertisement