Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Estate Agent Sign

Options
  • 05-04-2011 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

So we get the keys for our house last Wed. The 'Sale Agreed' sign is still up. We have rung the Estate Agent who promised it would be down by yesterday at the latest. It's still up! Can we remove it ourselves and skip it or is this against the law?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Remove it yourself, they are only using your house for free advertising now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

djmcr wrote: »
    Remove it yourself, they are only using your house for free advertising now

My thoughts exactly. Just worried in case they came after me for damaging their property!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Next door to me got bought recently. The sign is in their garden, on the ground. DNG doesn't seem to want it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Could always blame it on vandals.

You could always tell them that it is a health and safety hazard and that it could damage your car if it was uprooted by wind and that you would be claiming compensation and this should hurry them up. When I was selling my house I had to remove te sign as it was a danger in the wind to my car. I dumped it when I sold the house so that the new owner wouldn't be affected by it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

My thoughts exactly. Just worried in case they came after me for damaging their property!

What damage, you came home this evening, it was gone, you assumed they must have turned up when you were out and taken it, right ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

take it down and dump it on the grass outside your garden, you own the property now

I already told them I'd take it down myself! They promised me tomorrow morning at the latest. I'm sharpening my axe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

That a photo with the current day's newspaper in it as well. Write and tell them that you want compensation for trespass and slander of title. Tell them that if you don't have satisfactory proposals within 10 days you will issue proceedings for damages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There will be another estate agent in the town they compete with

Repaint it and " x agency are the best around"

They'll be out in no time ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah the estate agent never came for mine - i cut it down and skipped it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

irishbird wrote: »
    yeah the estate agent never came for mine - i cut it down and skipped it :D

don't put it in a skip, it needs to be dumped on the side of the road so that they can be fined for littering when a Garda sees the estate agent's name on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The Good Agent

Hi lilybarlean,

Estate agents are obliged by law to take it down within seven days of the close of sale. I'm speaking from memory so the "seven days" might not be correct, but my point is that there are laws in place to address this issue.

Regards,
    Barry

Thanks for all the replies, sign is now down! Happy days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

That a photo with the current day's newspaper in it as well. Write and tell them that you want compensation for trespass and slander of title. Tell them that if you don't have satisfactory proposals within 10 days you will issue proceedings for damages.

Jaysus, wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of you:rolleyes:!

Advertisement