Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oracle 11g Database Administrator Certified Associate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

From my experience, no amount of coursework will get you certified - you need hands-on, on the job experience to pass the exams (I'm an Oracle Certified Professional).

Also, have a good read of the information in that link you provided. All you get is a CMIT Diploma, you do not get the Oracle Certificate. To get this, you need to do two exams - 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052.

Are you working as an Oracle DBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dysfunctyon

Hi Tom,

I would like to ask you something. I saw a preparation course to Oracle Certification, there are two modules, one for the 1Z0-051 and another to the 1Z0-052, the price is €199.00 each module and a total of 15 hours for each.

There are the links of the school:

http://www.arctraining.ie/trainingCourseDetail.aspx?id=74

and

http://www.arctraining.ie/trainingCourseDetail.aspx?id=72

Do you think if I do this 2 modules I'll be able to pass the certification tests?

I do not work with any kind of programming, my knowledge in IT is general as an IT technician, but I'm thinking in doing an Oracle certification to wide my knowledge and to find better opportunities of work as SQL programmer.

What do you have to tell me about it? It worths the money? And the most important, I'll have the condition to pass the exams doing only this courses?

Please give me some light about it.

Cheers.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    From my experience, no amount of coursework will get you certified - you need hands-on, on the job experience to pass the exams (I'm an Oracle Certified Professional).

Also, have a good read of the information in that link you provided. All you get is a CMIT Diploma, you do not get the Oracle Certificate. To get this, you need to do two exams - 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052.

Are you working as an Oracle DBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What do you have to tell me about it? It worths the money? And the most important, I'll have the condition to pass the exams doing only this courses?

In my opinion, no, I don't think these courses would be enough. They are probably worth it for an introduction, but not to pass the exams.

You would need a lot more study/hands-on work to pass them.

Advertisement