Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@rcade Convention

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Interesting -

'We even have a special throwback to retro gaming with a very special retro corner provided by our awesome sponsors 'The Rage'! '

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

might pop in for the Saturday
    anyone else thinking of going? might be nice to get a retro contingent there for one of the days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Interesting -

'We even have a special throwback to retro gaming with a very special retro corner provided by our awesome sponsors 'The Rage'! '

Aye. More interesting;
    How much is it?
    Day Pass: 20 EURO
    Weekend Pass: 35 EURO
    Family Pass details to be announced..

Unless there's a cheaper hourly rate no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 frossdelaqrois

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye. More interesting;

Unless there's a cheaper hourly rate no thanks.

It could be a possibility but how hmmmm... any ideas ^_^

I shall update the team on a hourly rating and will have it up on the site as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

why call it arcadecon if there's not gonna be any arcade games ... ? :confused:

I was interested until I read the website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hygro wrote: »
    why call it arcadecon if there's not gonna be any arcade games ... ? :confused:

I was interested until I read the website.
    technically isn't it ATrcadecon? what with the @ symbol an all ?:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It could be a possibility but how hmmmm... any ideas ^_^

I shall update the team on a hourly rating and will have it up on the site as soon as possible

Fair play, hope I didn't come across as too negative with my post. I've wasted too many €15's on that sh1tty Big Boys Toys shows (not gaming specific I know) where you pay for a day's pass and after 20 mins you're walking back out the door. That recent Game On show wasn't much cop either imo but at least it had a cheaper rate with mid-week discount.
    I reckon the hourly rate or something like it would entice more people to pop down and have a look at least. Anyway, hope it goes well for you! :)
    technically isn't it ATrcadecon? what with the @ symbol an all ?:)

Ok but what does "atrcadecon" mean then? :confused:
    If the site is called the-arcade.ie it's understandable to think their might be some arcade cabs there. Anyway that's nitpicking, it is what it is. Hopefully it does well, would be good to see conventions like this pop up more often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I'm a little dewildered as to why you've chosen to use the word arcade or any variant at all in the name if I'm honest. Seems you've only got a corner for retro consoles which is the only reason I'm not moving this thread to another forum. No cabs, no LoGiE!

Advertisement