Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Mikado

Options
  • 05-04-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Seems like someone at Jacobs overheard me that time I said to my wife "Sure Kimberly are nice, but imagine a Chocolate Mikado" a few years ago. Must check the house for bugs! :D

Just bought a pack of these and they're very tasty! The biscuit bit is firmer than regular Mikado - more like what they used to be years ago. The current* ones are far too squishy.

*Currant Mikados (TM) Gulliver 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Got a flyer in for these today to the shop.

Will be ordering soon, they look beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Gulliver wrote: »
    Seems like someone at Jacobs overheard me that time I said to my wife "Sure Kimberly are nice, but imagine a Chocolate Mikado" a few years ago. Must check the house for bugs! :D

Just bought a pack of these and they're very tasty! The biscuit bit is firmer than regular Mikado - more like what they used to be years ago. The current* ones are far too squishy.

*Currant Mikados (TM) Gulliver 2011

All the Jacobs stuff is now manufactured on new modern biscuit lines scattered across the EU.The new fig rolls are a lot slicker and tastier than the "old" ones, same with the mikado's.

Although it is a pity they're not made here anymore:(

Heading to dublin tomorrow. (not just to get mikados) ;)

Sold out in the shop down here in cork.

Heard there is ony 8 in a pack!!!!

Also heard they will be going on promo soon, so watch out.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Where are he buying these??? I haven't seen them :-( I have looked but can't find. (Living in Clare)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I didn't know about these...a couple of years ago I spread Nutella on a Mikado and it was scrummy. I considered contacting Jacobs to share my genius but then I didn't bother my barney:o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Chocolate kimberly are seriously yummy!!! well done jacobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

random10 wrote: »
    Chocolate kimberly are seriously yummy!!! well done jacobs :)

But have you had a chocolate mikado?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

meant mikado!!! :) but kimberly are yum too

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I cant find these, where can i get them?
    Granted I haven't looked very hard just in my local dunnes, tesco, and superquinn but no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

They're probably about $3 for a packet of six are they?:(

• Advertisement

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I cant find these, where can i get them?
    Granted I haven't looked very hard just in my local dunnes, tesco, and superquinn but no luck so far.

Was told they are available only from Supervalu 1st. Then will go into Dunnes, Tesco etc. (told to me by the jacobs rep)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

thanks a mil, im off to supervalu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Saw them in Dunnes in Tallaght today, 1.99 (I think) for 8 biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

seen them in Dunnes in Clondalkin - €1.99 for packet of 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Dunnes in Bishopstown, Cork had them in today. They were a teeny weeny bit disappointing in that they're almost too sweet, especially with the thick lump of chocolate that settles over the jammy bit. Thumbs up in general though not from my waistline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

2.79 in tesco. Disappointed in them i have to say. The chocolate kimberly is a fantastic biscuit and turns a plain biscuit into something tasty as but the mikado is grand the way it is. Miss the coconut in the mikado.

Can buy a whole pack of normal mikados 16?/20? for 1.49 in tesco too. Defeats the purpose and need for the chocolate ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

they're now 2.79 in Dunnes too, obviously an introductory offer at the 1.99 for a while, still not tried them though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Overpriced and underwhelming.

Tesco now have them, €2.79 for 176g of middle of the road product.. I only bought them as I was sent a Tesco coupon with %50 off, which priced a pack, at the till, for €1.39.

All the other 'Elite' range on the shelves are 100% free, except the Mikado.

No reason why you can't make these at home, with regular Mikado and some TLC and chocolate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Amalgam wrote: »
    Overpriced and underwhelming.

Tesco now have them, €2.79 for 176g of middle of the road product.. I only bought them as I was sent a Tesco coupon with %50 off, which priced a pack, at the till, for €1.39.

All the other 'Elite' range on the shelves are 100% free, except the Mikado.

No reason why you can't make these at home, with regular Mikado and some TLC and chocolate..

Agree. Was dissappointed. Got a packet the other day in Dunnes. I perfer the orginal ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have been very curious about these. Got some today and very disappointed. Too expensive. Not worth it. 8 biscuits for €2.xx only paid it cos I was curious. That'll teach me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Bought a packet of these yesterday. Not very impressed. Very sweet with way too much cheap tasting chocolate. I will not be buying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭greasepalm

another item added to this old post,it now comes in tins chocolate mikado priced in local shop around e8.25 i think for 18 biscuits i an told,i have kept away so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Perfect Ring

They are expensive but chocolate Mikado are seriously good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Love the chocolate Mikado, got a pack last week, not enough jam in the middle though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Didn't like them. Not enough jam imo.

Advertisement