Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Rings of Death

• 05-04-2011 4:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Got the RROD today. Warranty expired. Anyone recommend a good diy repair guide online? Or should I smash it into pieces and buy a PS3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You'll want a professional reflow or reball done on it I wouldn't recommend any of the fixes on google or YouTube they are temporary measures at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

flash1080 wrote: »
    Got the RROD today. Warranty expired. Anyone recommend a good diy repair guide online? Or should I smash it into pieces and buy a PS3?

I could give you the towel trick.......

But first give Microsoft a call first you would be surprised, there was a alot of extended warranties given on the early 360's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

As justryan has said, reflow or reball. If you open the console or wrap it in towels. You will only decrease the chances of a proper reflow or reball working on the system.

All the youtube methods are short term fixes at best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ring Xbox support before you take it apart, you'd be surprised about the warranty sometimes.

Advertisement