Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cymbal cleaner?

• 05-04-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

Hi all,

I'm just looking for people's thoughts with regards to the best cymbal cleaner, I've been drumming for years and I've only found one; a Sabian cleaner that is no longer on the market and I need to buy some soon.

So any and all suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I asked that question to a mate of mine who is in a very well know band.He told me washing up liquid is as good as any cymbal cleaner.Clean but dont polish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I used to clean my cymbals every week religiously for the first few years. These days I wouldn’t let any cleaning products near my cymbals. The last one I used was groove juice if that’s any use, I just find them too abrasive, the most I’ll do is run a cloth over them every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

A good cloth should do. You don't want to scratch the cymbals.

Give them a good clean to wipe off the dust.

Advertisement