Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus query

Options
  • 05-04-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

What bus would get me from Newcastle to the Bons hospital? I can't seem to find any clear answer online. Sorry for the annoying question. No answer on the phone when I rang them either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had a look on the map on www.galwaytransport.info and it seems 4w and 5w will take you into town where you then will have to switch to 2e, 4e or 5e.
    You should probably check the schedules more on that site to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

The rahoon bus should bring you out to bon secour via eyre square not sure of the number of the bus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

What no.is the Rahoon one? Does it come up Newcastle side? Doing lessons up that side and could easily get a lift home from Dad in the Bons if I could make it out there but proving difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

where in newcastle are you? it has a stop just after the entrance to laurel park and also stops at the stop outside ardilaun. its the 5w bus but as far as i remember once it goes to town it changes to the 5e bus which goes past the bons en route to ballybane
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~bustimes/bus5W.html
    if you read the bottom of the timetable in the link all bus services continue to ballybane unless marked x

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

You get the No.5 ballybane bus from outside the university (it comes from the rahoon direction). It goes through the town and out to GMIT. It passes the Bon hospital along the way. I live in Rahoon and go to GMIT and thats the bus i take. It leaves Rahoon at about 5/10 past every hour so will be at the NUI around 15mins past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just to clarify:
    • most 5 buses alternate between 5e (to/from Ballybane) and 5w (to/from Rahoon)
    • most 4 buses alternate between 4e (to/from Newcastle) and 4w (to/from Merlin Pk)
    • most 2 buses alternate between 2e (to/from Renmore) and 2w (to/from Knocknacarra/Seacrest)
    There are sometimes that don't go through. And I've heard rumours (not seen proof) that some individual services don't do it even when the timetable says they should.

Also, Bus Éireann have a proposal (originally planned for implementation in Jun 2010, but I understand still waiting to approval from the NTA) to stop this through routing, and have individual buses turn around and go in the same direction.

Advertisement