Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning X-Bolt

Options
  • 05-04-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

just wondering has anyone had any experiences with them.
    was holding one today and it is a lovely gun, thinking of getting one in 270win.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

AccuTip wrote: »
    was holding one today and it is a lovely gun, thinking of getting one in 270win.

thanks

No experience with one.
    Not sure if this is a common problem

Remington , Tikka and Sako make Nice .270win cal rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I'm sorry to go O/T, but maybe its not such a good idea to load live rounds for cycling purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Jonty wrote: »
    I'm sorry to go O/T, but maybe its not such a good idea to load live rounds for cycling purposes?

Who said they were live:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 peezel

have one in .243 stainless stalker ,class peice of kit,using winchester 100g which are great,a tec suppressor on the end which does not upset the balance of the rifle,package all round is a great job,

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Any one know if the X-bolt comes in long action and short action versions?
    Or is it like a Tikka all one size?
    edi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Who said they were live:rolleyes:

One should always assume rounds are live till proven otherwise;)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

I have an A bolt in .243 and I am damn happy with it, if thats any help!

Might be worth checking, I think the X bolt is factory bedded unlike the standard remmies

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tikka Jim

AccuTip wrote: »

thanks

I know people with the A-bolt and X-bolt. They are very good rifles, a bit more refined than the Remmie or CZ.

J

mrbrianj wrote: »
    I have an A bolt in .243 and I am damn happy with it, if thats any help!

Might be worth checking, I think the X bolt is factory bedded unlike the standard remmies

How much is an "A" bolt vs an "X" bolt?

Where did you purchase?

What are the core differences between the two models

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The A-bolt is a lovely rifle, really light, nicely balanced, good triggers. Bolt is a massive chunk of metal, really smooth too. My only gripe, and it really is trivial, is that flat bolt knob. You really have to get a grip on it, can't just flick it like you would with a bigger one. Would love to try the X-bolt. Looks brilliant, by all accounts a cut above the A-bolt in a lot of ways, and they've just started releasing it in left-hand drive models too. Browning are one of the few companies putting 26" barrels on sporter-weight magnum guns, which is a big advantage in my mind.

• Advertisement

How much is an "A" bolt vs an "X" bolt?
    Not too sure as I am not in the market to buy, any X bolts I have seen were stainless, the Abolt was not so I cant compare like for like

Where did you purchase? new at an RFD

What are the core differences between the two models
    Again only had a quick look at an X Bolt, different stock & iirc trigger set up, slight change in the bolt. The magazine is different, changed to plastic. I reckon its basically a more modern version.

I do think that the browning get "bad press" in America because they are actually made by miroku in Japan

mrbrianj wrote: »
    Again only had a quick look at an X Bolt, different stock & iirc trigger set up, slight change in the bolt. The magazine is different, changed to plastic. I reckon its basically a more modern version.

I do think that the browning get "bad press" in America because they are actually made by miroku in Japan

Is yours free floated?

What calibre is she, and whats the best groups on a calm day@100 yards?

How much was the A-bolt?

Its a composite stalker 2. Freefloating and.243

Now grouping on a calm day at 100m :D well thats only ever as good as me or my spoofing!
    I have had good days with tight 3 shot groups well under 1", ( but I have had plenty of days I am not as proud of!!) -but I am no hot shot, I would like to see what a someone more skillfull could do. I am hoping to get out with a few lads who are, over the next while and will post up results in the hunting group photo thread.

I paid seven for mine at the time, there was also a remm 700 for similar money. I think the Remmie was an adl, the very basic model and listening to others here I was worried I would end up doing too much after market stuff. You know the way it is, if there is something that can be done, even if you dont need it, it will itch away at you and your pocket.

I am more than happy with the browning for stalking. If I wanted a project and to end up with a top custom gun I'd go for the Remm 700, but not with my budget and requirements at the moment

Well Accutip, are you going to go for it? Have you considered anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AccuTip

hey mrbrianj
    havnt decided on anything yet, might get a look at a tikka t3 varmint in 270 or a steyr.

Decisions, decisions:)

Advertisement