Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x's and o's on dole

Options
  • 05-04-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys, i'll be finishing college at the end of May and have been told that in work that there wont be any extra hours where I work. Could any one eplain the ins and outs about the x's and o's please? I don't know if i'll be eligible as im just leaving college. I've been in part time employment for 5 years now.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hey

You would have to go the SW & figure out if you have enough contributions build up that you qualify for Jobseekers Benefit. This is when you drawn from the stamps you have built up. You have to have a certain amount build up to quality.

In terms of xs and os, if claiming JSB you are entitled to work 1,2 or 3 days and claim for the other days. You fill in forms on a weekly basis as to what you days you are on/off, your employer signs it off, and you are paid your entitled days from SW.

Advertisement