Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

almost capped download amount. please help

Options
  • 05-04-2011 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

my internet provider (smart telecom) has told me i have reached 80% of my download limit of 170GB for the month. I think somebody/ something must be hacking it as i have only downloaded one or two movies within the month. i reset my wifi box password(thomson) and i have a program named DU meter which is monitoring my download. it has told me that i have downloaded 8 GB within the last 24 hours and the internet provider doesn't have a clue. does anyone know if this is a virus on my computer? they said they would cut me off if it gets to 170 and im pretty afraid im after doing something horribly wrong. can anyone please tell me why its going up by about 0.01 Gb every 20 seconds or so even when my browser isn't being used?Smart also show me a chart that showed a huge jump up in download amount from march 16th onwards.
    thanks for any advice in advance. Thanks
    Josh

Comments

Advertisement