Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You guys V Airtricity

Options
  • 05-04-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Im currently with Airtricity on the Rural nightsaver plan. Cant you tell me if your new plans are of a better value??? (not the best when it comes to this stuff)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Le Graduate

I looked at the two tariffs and from what I can gather it is:

Airtricity
    Rural Nightsaver
    (Day Units) ~ 15.06 cents per kWh
    (Night units) ~ 7.45 c/kWh
    Standing charge (per day) ~ 47.01c
    Electric Ireland
    Rural Nightsaver
    Standing charge (per day) ~ 43.8c

So the main difference is the standing charges in Electric Ireland's favour. All the prices above are ex. vat btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

jod1983 wrote: »
    Im currently with Airtricity on the Rural nightsaver plan. Cant you tell me if your new plans are of a better value??? (not the best when it comes to this stuff)
    I looked at the two tariffs and from what I can gather it is:

Airtricity
    Rural Nightsaver
    Standing charge (per day) ~ 47.01c
    Electric Ireland
    Rural Nightsaver
    Standing charge (per day) ~ 43.8c

So the main difference is the standing charges in Electric Ireland's favour. All the prices above are ex. vat btw.

Hi guys,

The figures quoted above are correct, but only in relation to our standard (or 'legacy') prices.

If you were to avail of our SuperSaver Nightsaver plan, your unit rates (excl. vat) would be as follows:

Day ~ €0.1373
    Night ~ €0.0679

The standing charge remains the same at 43.8 cents (per day) for Rural Nightsaver customers.

Hope this clears it up.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement