Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High5 4:1 engerysource drink sachets

Options
  • 05-04-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Has anyone used the high5 4:1 energysource sachets to make up drink?
    Seems to be good judging on my first try of it but it taste like sweat its digusting!
    I was thinking of mixing a bit of mi wadi in with it to stop it tasting quiet so fricken grim! theres no reason i cant is there?

Anyone else got any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yep, use them loads, what flavour are you drinking ? Summer fruits and the berry ones are fine, although I don't know of any other flavours. I think they taste fine but I do drop a nuuns tablet in the odd time which makes it a bit more refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

i just got the citrus ones they taste like sweat with a hint of citrus.
    altho they do go down well towards the end of a long run when i dont care what they taste like anymore. im guna try adding them to some normal squash

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

I drink alot of High 5 2:1 Fructose as part of my carb loading prior to marathons and find them great.. Was in Wheelworx last week and was thinking about switching to the 4:1 energysource but was advised by staff member not too ( cant remember why )..

BTW a pack of 12 sachets of either are 12.30euro in Wheelworx atm...Ive paid up to 20euro for them in other shops..

i paid 1.50 a sachet in the edge in cork! i was robbed so!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

liamo123 wrote: »
    I drink alot of High 5 2:1 Fructose as part of my carb loading prior to marathons and find them great.. Was in Wheelworx last week and was thinking about switching to the 4:1 energysource but was advised by staff member not too ( cant remember why )..

BTW a pack of 12 sachets of either are 12.30euro in Wheelworx atm...Ive paid up to 20euro for them in other shops..

2:1 is a glucose fructose drink in the ratio 2:1 - a ration shown to optimise the absorption rate from your gut.

4:1 is a carb, protein drink in the ratio 4:1 - recent (as in I doubt those in wheelworx read it) shows no increase in calorie absorption rates when carbs and protein are combined.

Additionaly the protein can cause gas - which is liveable on the bike but not while running.

Haven't been in wheelworx in a long time, I loved it when it was rob, fernando and frank, spent lots of time there.

• Advertisement

i changed to the 2:1 and its much better im not getting the gas like i was with the 4:1 as you said, i always thought it was just me but it must have been the 4:1 sachets thanks for the advice

Advertisement