Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feliway Diffuser?

• 05-04-2011 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Hello!

Is there any pet shop in the city centre in Dublin or surrounding 'burbs that sell the Feliway Diffuser?

Hopefully getting a new cat in the very near future!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm not sure about pet shops but mosts vets would have them. They're cheaper online thou eg - http://www.vetuk.co.uk/feliway-products-c-1/feliway-diffuser-pack-incl-feliway-diffuser-and-feliway-vial-p-334 ...Just be careful you don't go mad buying loads of toys etc! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Saw it in the large petshop in "The Park S.C" Carrickmines on the M50 a few months ago!
    http://www.thepark.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I have to tell you - I've used this product a couple of occasions when moving house, and I noticed absolutely no difference at all with the cats. They were still stressed out and it didn't seem to make them any calmer.

I'd love to know is there any real scientific research into its effectiveness. (Too lazy to bother searching myself!)

Just mentioning this because the diffusers aren't cheap and your new cat will really just need time and quiet to get used to its new surroundings. Personally - I wouldn't bother with one.

Best of luck with the new kitty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

I bought 2 diffusers :o Ordered them 2 weeks before our 2 new kittens were due to arrive. Had the idea that it might help them settle in, had read alot of reviews online that were good. Of course, first order was lost in the post and the other order just landed there a few days ago, nearly 2 weeks after the kittens landed! But didnt need them anyways! They both settled in fine after a day or two. Thinking on using one to see if it helps them at times when they are on their own. But I have no problems with them and they seem happy enough, just meow and scratch at the door if they hear you so it'd probably be a waste.

It is supposed to be very good for cats that spray and scratch places they shouldn't. Seen alot of good reports about that.

Oh and just a note, we were saying that had we got the diffuser and had it plugged in before the kittens came we may have thought that it made them settle so quickly and not realised they'd done it on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I have one plugged in for the last week due to moving house - can't say I've noticed any difference between this time and other house moves when I didn't use it. My cats are super-stressed:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My cat sat beside our one for 2 weeks lol :pac:

Advertisement