Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing party wall

• 05-04-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had to soundproof the party wall in their semi detached house? Considering getting this done but wanted to hear from others who have got it done to learn about their experiences, cost and if it's really worthwhile. Can anyone recommend any reputable companies who would do this job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had to soundproof the party wall in their semi detached house? Considering getting this done but wanted to hear from others who have got it done to learn about their experiences, cost and if it's really worthwhile. Can anyone recommend any reputable companies who would do this job?
    1: loads of chicks on this forum and we need to be pc here so its
    Hi Guys and Dolls:D
    2: would be useful to hear where u require this work done location wise.
    3: describing your house in terms of age, construction, location of windows and wall vents orientation and services location would be useful as well as the sort of sounds you are trying to deal with:
    toilets vs horizontal jogging versus music and at what time of day or night.
    4: the key to any solution is air-tightness and mass.

A-T because in space nobody can hear you scream and mass because heavy material absorbs sound

there is a lot on this topic in this forum, use the search engine

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Ok we im based in Dublin and my house was built say 1989/1990.

The sounds I'm getting from next door are a mixture... Kids thumping around the place during the day. Coughing and very loud snoring in the bedroom adjacent to mine every night. Ucsn even her them hocking up into their ensuite toilet. The main problem I'm experiencing is impact noises in the room next to me normally at about 5 am. This is happening on a regular basis and is stressing me out as I'm constantly being woken by it and can't get back to sleep. Sounds like a hyper elephant is plodding around the room. Ive floorboards in my room and it sounds like they do too. This has only been an issue since new neighbours move in a few weeks ago.. I'm not sure if they're just heavier on their feet or if they since removed the carpet or what! I was wondering if i put down some thick underelay and thick carpet would it help matters at all. We've not got the number of the landlord, the neighbours are foreign and dont have good english and the guards dont want to know so was considering going to the locl citizens qavice bureau to see if they can give me any advice! Money is definately a limitation with regards to what steps i can take. Any help or advice appreciated!

Advertisement