Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB -Cant log into wireless

Options
  • 05-04-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    I received my zylex modem today and tried to install wireless however I cannot finish the installation with the cd. It just keeps stopping before after it looks for the password. The signal is excellent and all the lights are on in the modem. I have checked and rechecked the password on the modem itself and from the eircom link to the webpages.
    I can connect with the yellow wire. I tried to call support but the autmated voice said my line doesn't have broadband and the completion date is April 7th-if so where is the yellow cable connection coming from? I connected wirelessly no problem at my previous address so I dont think its a problem with my laptop. Any suggestions gratefully received. is there other work needed on the line to complete the wireless and if so will this be resolved tomorrow?
    Thanks
    CC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

cafecreme wrote: »
    Hi,
    I received my zylex modem today and tried to install wireless however I cannot finish the installation with the cd. It just keeps stopping before after it looks for the password. The signal is excellent and all the lights are on in the modem. I have checked and rechecked the password on the modem itself and from the eircom link to the webpages.
    I can connect with the yellow wire. I tried to call support but the autmated voice said my line doesn't have broadband and the completion date is April 7th-if so where is the yellow cable connection coming from? I connected wirelessly no problem at my previous address so I dont think its a problem with my laptop. Any suggestions gratefully received. is there other work needed on the line to complete the wireless and if so will this be resolved tomorrow?
    Thanks
    CC

Hi cafecreme,

If you PM your telephone number I can check the status of the broadband order and we can arrange for the installation CD to be sent out as well.

Here is a helpful tutorial to help set up your wirless connection - http://bit.ly/gPnOGR

However I'll check your order first when you send on the details.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement