Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand Flat worm

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Got some Farm yard manure off a friend of mine, when I had unloaded the trailer I spotted a flatworm. I had a look but couldn't find anymore I've laid out a sheet of black plastic over the ground as I'd read they will hide under the dark side of the plastic and I can pick them off when I turn it over.
    Dose anyone else have any other ideas how to trap them.
    The farm yard manure was full of worms so I'm hoping there weren't too many flatworms in it and I might be able to get them all.

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Andrew%20Holmes/Desktop/IMG_0964.JPG[/IMG]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

i have found that the plastic is the best method for trapping/finding them....don't forget to keep an eye out for the eggs also, black and shiny, almost like an oval blackcurrant - when squashed they ooze milky white
    happy hunting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Racking my brains but can't remember where. I think one of the experts on Gardeners' World or GQT or one of them, said the NZ flatworm was not turning out to be the problem that was feared. Anyone hear that?

Advertisement