Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosy cats creche??

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

hey, just asking about cosy cats and other creches in sligo?? I am putting my little one in creche in september for the 1st time she will be two by then and am wondering where is good and affordable in your experiances?? I have her name down at lifestart but they are full for the moment and unless there is a cancellation there is no space there. Also i have looked at little darlings in Mulberry and they seem good! Flexi-time is very important for us, as my hours will change from time to time!
    any ones you would reccommend in particular??
    Thank YOU!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My eldest is 13 and youngest is 11months. We always sent them to a childminder in their home rather than a creche. Used creches for a while but always found the kids were happier in a home set up. Been using the same lady now for about 8 years and wouldn’t change. Cheaper and more flexible also.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Do you really find a Childminder cheaper??? I just always assumed they would be more expensive!! Do you mind me asking for an example your minders hourly rate to get an idea of price differences?? you can PM me if you would prefer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Sending you a PM now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I'd recommend looking into Lilliputt on Connolly Street, we've two there and have been very happy with the staff. I don't know what places they have available at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

You can ring HSE pre school services in markievicz house. They will be able to give you a list of registered pre schools in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Hi , from the thread title I was sure you were looking for a cattery :o, its a daft name for a creche!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I think Happy Days are brilliant and apparently they are extremely flexible with hours, more than other creches in Sligo.
    Hi , from the thread title I was sure you were looking for a cattery :o, its a daft name for a creche!:pac:

'Little Brats' was considered a bit un-PC :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mikesavo2003

My wife is setting up childminding from home again from September if anyone interested send me pm and i will let her know

• Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

I have sent my young lad to Hopes and Dreams Montessori school and creche in Cartron Heights and I found it to be brilliant, flexible and the staff were always courteous and friendly. Check out their website www.hopesndreams.ie

Thanks for all the replys, i will definately look into the places ye have advised!
    Its strange anyone i have spoken to doesnt seem to know much about cosy cats, its one of the few community creches left in town so iI though it would have been more popular?? hmmm just seems odd!!

• Advertisement

lubie76 wrote: »
    You can ring HSE pre school services in markievicz house. They will be able to give you a list of registered pre schools in your area.

I have been in contact with sligo county childcare committee and they provided a list, i just wanted to know peoples opinions on places really, scope out where is good!!

Advertisement