Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAVING TROUBLE WITH NEW IEC CANADA VISA

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I just recieved my 1st refusal back on the day they introduced the new IEC visa forms which look a lot more complicated to me?! Do I need to have a job offer now?!! Does anyone know what WHP stands for (not applicable to WHP)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

I just recieved my 1st refusal back on the day they introduced the new IEC visa forms which look a lot more complicated to me?! Do I need to have a job offer now?!! Does anyone know what WHP stands for (not applicable to WHP)?

whp stands for working holiday program.as far as i know you dont need to have a job to apply.wait until you get your application back and see why it was refused then try again :D best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hulioairlines

Thanks. I wonder does anyone know how long the proof of funds lasts for? Because my first application was refused , I am sending off my next one , can I use the same proof of funds form. It is dated March 9th 2011? I don't have the full funds in there anymore so I can't get it again but I wonder will the form still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

Thanks. I wonder does anyone know how long the proof of funds lasts for? Because my first application was refused , I am sending off my next one , can I use the same proof of funds form. It is dated March 9th 2011? I don't have the full funds in there anymore so I can't get it again but I wonder will the form still work?

3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hj55

Hi there, just send off IEC application today after completing the old version for my boyfriend few weeks ago. Its complicated enough and worth printing off all the instructions as they do go through each section step by step. Follow these and you cant really go wrong and they tell you to leave certain sections blank if you are going for IEC/WHP e.g. sections requiring you to give details about job etc..Lots of places to go wrong though as you have to give details of all jobs/travel/study for last 10 years in two different docs and in your c.v. so need to be careful they all match up. Also you cant save two of the docs so easiest to print off, handwrite and then fill in on computer when youre ready to go.
    Took a while, rechecked docs and reread instructions a million times and got there eventually.

Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hj55

PS you dont need a job offer. The new docs appear to cover all visa types and instructions tell you sections to leave out that are related to Work Permit visa which differs to IEC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 coraxx

i want to enter Canada from the 18th of may untill the 30th of July. I have booked my tickets for this holiday but i now realise that i may have a problem due to my 2010 Canadian working visa expires on the 20th of may, and i have a new visa pending. I worked in canada from June 2010 untill September 2010 i then left the country due to college. I re-entered for 10 days from the 20th of March 2011 untill the 21st of March. I will be going to Canada on the 18th of May for a holiday while my visa is pending. I will be returning to Ireland to repeat a college exam on the 30th of July and can have sufficient prof of all my previous flights.I then hope to re-enter Canada with my new 2011 visa. I will not be working while i stay in May,June and July but i was told by USIT that i will have problem entering the country. Could you help me please, is it a holiday visa that i need?:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭velnias2010

So do we know by now if it's ok to leave Section 2 : Details of work intended in Canada blank if applying for IEC or do we need to write like N/A ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ger.hanley

Hey ,
    Currently on USIT arranged Working holiday programme in Canada and in process of applying for IEC (INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE CANADA) visa.
    Regarding the section which asks for 3 years habitual residency in ireland prior to your application.
    I am now in Canada 6 months - so it isn`t possible to have 3 years habitual residency prior to application.
    Anyone run into any issues regarding this.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dadasurp

I can't seem to find the form for applying while already in Canada. Can anyone help me? Would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 catq80

hey,

just wondering if anyone can offer any advise, I've been delayed for weeks by my medical exam, I've already had to postpone my flight once and I'm now due to fly out this sunday, however my visa still hasn't come through!! does anyone know if I can go on sunday regardless and just wait for it to come through from canada? it shouldn't take more than a few more days but I have a wedding in Toronto on the 7th and I'd love to be there for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

You can fly out alright on Sunday
    But you wont be able to work til the LOI comes through
    You can cross over and back the US border to activate it once it does

Great, Thats what I was hoping!! thanks for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

I am not an immigration official or expert but report from people on here
    make it seem possible.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716174 seems to indicate it may not be without problems but do a search on here a few people have done it successfully

Do a Google for Flagpoling or flag pole visa and you will get stories of peoples experience with crossing over and back to activate visas

As for being refused I have no idea

I am amazed by the number of people who have booked flights before being granted approval tbh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056272792 person on this thread did it sucessfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TraceyL

red menace wrote: »
    make it seem possible.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716174 seems to indicate it may not be without problems but do a search on here a few people have done it successfully

Do a Google for Flagpoling or flag pole visa and you will get stories of peoples experience with crossing over and back to activate visas

I am amazed by the number of people who have booked flights before being granted approval tbh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056272792 person on this thread did it sucessfully

Yeah I'm going to go anyway! I won't be working unless I get a visa but I want a holiday too, so why not Canada:-) I shouldn't get refused as I meet all criteria...Cool I'll have a look at the forums!! Thanks for your info:-) Much appreciated!

red menace wrote: »
    make it seem possible.

I can't speak for anyone else but I made my arrangements with usit and they required me to provisionally book my flights for 12 weeks time. they grant you one "free" flight change in the event that your aproval hasn't come through!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

Did people include a photocopy of their working visa, if they were appying for a second year visa? I read somewhere u have to show proof of ur legal status....

Advertisement