Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To insanity and beyond

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I can't believe it but I am about to start my journey on the insanity programme. Tonight is my first workout and hopefully by the end of the 60 days the real me will emerge from this cocoon of fat. I will do the insanity programme and after the 60 days will combine elements of insanity and p90x for future fitness.
    I hope some people will drop by here and keep an eye on me and just give me a bit of encouragement, I might just need it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭happy hotspur

My week 1 stats

Age; 34
    Height; 5ft 7
    Weight; 180lbs
    Bodyfat; 26.3%
    Water; 50.3%
    BMI; 28.2

Neck; 15.5"
    Chest; 38.52
    Waist; 39.3"
    Hips; 38.5"
    Right Thigh; 21.6"
    Left Thigh; 21.6"
    Right Calf; 16"
    Left Calf; 16"
    Right Bicep; 14.9"
    Left Bicep; 14.1"
    Right Forearm; 10.5"
    Left Forearm; 10.5"

• Registered Users Posts: 29 biddy boop

I love insanity its very good, really makes u sweat and is functional fitness -using your body and a lot of large muscle groups through dynamic movements.

However, before u start get mentally prepared. I find the hardest thing is to keep pushin yourself. Your body is probably physically fit to do it but your mind tells u to give up!!!

also if you're lookin to lose weight you've got to seriously get your diet on board, i dont know about the diet that's recommended with insanity, its very american or something, but good concept.

keep us updated and good luck

ps great time of year to get your body/fitness into shape :)

DAY 1 PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT

Day 1 is done and dusted. I found it hard towards the end but am looking forward to tomorrow night already!!!!!!!

Heart rate peaked at 177

DAY 2 CARDIO POWER & RESISTANCE DONE

Not as tough as yesterday but I did struggle again towards the end. I still managed to push through and am happy with what I did. Its hard to do some of the moves while trying to watch the screen.

Heart rate peaked at 181

DAY 3 CARDIO RECOVERY DONE

This was meant to help recover from the last few days but I really felt the burn. I expect the legs to be sore in the morning. Loving it so far though.

• Advertisement

DAY 4 PURE CARDIO DONE

This was quiet hard but I still managed to keep up for most of it and got through all the various excersises.

DAY 5 PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT

Not too bad tonight. The second time doing this routine, still finished in a pool of sweat but sure its all good !!!!!

DAY 6 CARDIO POWER & RESISTANCE DONE

Second round of this done. It was a little easier than last time but I still struggled with some parts and sweated loads during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Hello

Just spotted this log. I did this last year and am actually repeating at the moment. In month 2 noiw for my sins

Cant wait to see what you think of it and if you have any questions or whatever ill be keeping on eye on this!

Cmon YALL Lets GOOO!:D

Hello

Just spotted this log. I did this last year and am actually repeating at the moment. In month 2 noiw for my sins

Cant wait to see what you think of it and if you have any questions or whatever ill be keeping on eye on this!

Cmon YALL Lets GOOO!:D
    Thanks for dropping by Dixie. Tonight will actually be my 7th night and I just cant wait to get going. It took me ages to actually get started as there was always something comming up but now I have a clear run at it so am getting stuck in.

• Advertisement

It takes a good bit if comitment for sure, 6 days a week. I know its only 40 mins in month 1 but its tough. i tend to do mine in the mornings and be half asleep for the warm up at least!

How is your diet going, you will be fine and hungry doing this!

It takes a good bit if comitment for sure, 6 days a week. I know its only 40 mins in month 1 but its tough. i tend to do mine in the mornings and be half asleep for the warm up at least!

How is your diet going, you will be fine and hungry doing this!

I only do the excercise in the evening around 8-9 pm.

My diet is good during the week but I tend to let it slip a little at weekends. I work 5 days a week so I can struture meals around it. This is what I would usually eat mon-fri

Food log removed

I must actually look through the nutrition guide now that I have actually started the training part of the programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Just wondering what this actually is? What kind of resistance work are you doing?

Hi G86.

This is a fittness/conditioning programme without weights/situps etc. All you need is a dvd player, about 10 square feet of space, a towel and plenty water.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/insanity.do

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I only do the excercise in the evening around 8-9 pm.

My diet is good during the week but I tend to let it slip a little at weekends. I work 5 days a week so I can struture meals around it. This is what I would usually eat mon-fri

Food log removed

I must actually look through the nutrition guide now that I have actually started the training part of the programme.

Sorry Happy hotspur, since the food diarys were shut down it's againest the rules to use the fitness logs a food diary. No problem with logging your workouts, just the food. If you have any questions PM me.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hi G86.

This is a fittness/conditioning programme without weights/situps etc. All you need is a dvd player, about 10 square feet of space, a towel and plenty water.

I see by their website that it magically adds a tan and removes beards at the same time. My kind of program :) .

Good luck with your efforts.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Hi G86.

Ahhhh right grand, I was just wondering what you meant with some of your posts there, I thought it was a weights programme I'd never heard of.

Best of luck with it anyways :)

I see by their website that it magically adds a tan and removes beards at the same time. My kind of program :) .

Good luck with your efforts.

It doesn't do it magically......it takes 60 days, my skin is just begining to change colour and the stubble is getting lighter in colour too!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Happy hotspur, since the food diarys were shut down it's againest the rules to use the fitness logs a food diary. No problem with logging your workouts, just the food. If you have any questions PM me.

Fair enough Brian

It doesn't do it magically......it takes 60 days, my skin is just begining to change colour and the stubble is getting lighter in colour too!!!!!!!!!

Hang on, I thought you were female? If so, this post disturbs me......:pac:

• Advertisement

G86 wrote: »
    Hang on, I thought you were female? If so, this post disturbs me......:pac:

I am female, and?...............only joking

RESULTS OF DAY 1 FIT TEST

I just found where I had these results written down so I will post them up before I lose them again

Switch Kicks= 65
    Power Jacks= 40
    Power Knees= 83
    Power Jumps= 26
    Globe Jumps= 8
    Suicide Jumps= 15
    Push-up Jacks= 15
    Low Plank Oblique= 38

AND MY STARTING STATS WERE

Age; 34
    Height; 5ft 7
    Weight; 180lbs
    Bodyfat; 26.3%
    Water; 50.3%
    BMI; 28.2

Neck; 15.5"
    Chest; 38.52
    Waist; 39.3"
    Hips; 38.5"
    Right Thigh; 21.6"
    Left Thigh; 21.6"
    Right Calf; 16"
    Left Calf; 16"
    Right Bicep; 14.9"
    Left Bicep; 14.1"
    Right Forearm; 10.5"
    Left Forearm; 10.5"

DAY 7 PURE CARDIO DONE

I think this was tougher than last time around. I really stuggle with some of the moves still. I did well to keep up for the most part and even some of the guys were dropping out while I was still able to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Best of luck! :pac:
    Hi G86.

Any chance you could get this online somewhere for free? I'd love to do it, but the price is too high for me.

Best of luck!

Thanks man

Desire. wrote: »
    Best of luck! :pac:

Any chance you could get this online somewhere for free? I'd love to do it, but the price is too high for me.

I think they are really careful about people copying the disks in Beachbody, i prescribed to their newsletter and remember seeing an article about them sueing aggressively anyone who had pirate copies. So good luck with that one

OP, Pure cardio is very tough. Its actually one of my favorites though. I really like the suicide jumps right at the end....evil!!

OP, Pure cardio is very tough. Its actually one of my favorites though. I really like the suicide jumps right at the end....evil!!

To be honest the suicide jumps I dont like too much. I can do about 10 or so and then for the last while I can do only 4 or 5 to their 8/9. I am usually swigging water and wiping the sweat off before the time is up.

DAY 8 PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT DONE

Nice workout tonight. No better way to motivate yourself to work out than watch your team (Spurs) lose a game.

Weighed myself this morning and down 5 lbs, lost a few inches here and there already. I can't recommend this programme highly enough especially for people who are not into gyms, weights etc.

Good for you!!! I think 5lbs seems really high, I hope you are eating enough as you will need to keep yourself strong. Im not trying to rain on your parade at all though, 5lbs is excellent!!

Had Max Recovery myself this morning, lots of push ups, planks and hard stretches, recovery my a$$!:D

• Advertisement

Good for you!!! I think 5lbs seems really high, I hope you are eating enough as you will need to keep yourself strong.

I have cleaned up my diet big time and I think it is just lack of fitness that is hindering me in the exercises rather than not having enough energy. I eat dinner around 6 and usually workout between 9-10 o clock, I dont eat anything after dinner just drink plenty of water.

Advertisement