Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To insanity and beyond

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭happy hotspur

DAY 9 CARDIO RECOVERY DONE

Recovery my ass!!!!!!! Some of those excercises are very tough especially on the thighs. I managed to do them all which I couldn't last week so there is some improvement there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

DAY 9 CARDIO RECOVERY DONE

Recovery my ass!!!!!!! Some of those excercises are very tough especially on the thighs. I managed to do them all which I couldn't last week so there is some improvement there alright.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

told ya!! Cardio recovery and max recovery are unbelievably sore!!

Edited to add that there is a facebook page for Insanity people and also Beachbody have a forum for insanity as well, you probably have come across them already

Did Fast and Furious this morning, overslept and didnt have the hour to do Max interval Circuit.

DAY 10 CARDIO POWER AND RESISTANCE DONE

I found this to be a little easier than last time although I did have to stop during the power jumps as the knees were getting a bit painful. Up next is pure cardio & cardio abs so should be interesting.......and painful.

DAY 11 PURE CARDIO AND CARDIO ABS DONE

Jesus what a workout!! Almost an hour of cardio work in total. I had to drop off a little on the jumps as the knees are still a little sore. May have to ease off the jumps next week. Sunday is rest day, its bothe well earned and well needed.
    Monday is fitness test day but I think I will just do this as a workout as I am not too bothered about numbers really.

Well done!! I find the jumps hard but more from an effort point of view than a pain one. Are you landing softly like he says?

• Advertisement

DAY 12 FIT TEST DONE

I did this as a workout and didn't take count of how many I could do. Had soccer after it so was a good workout for Monday night.

DAY 13 PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT DONE

DAY 14 PURE CARDIO AND CARDIO ABS DONE

A good workout again tonight. I was sweating like a pig by the end of this one.

Well done!! I find the jumps hard but more from an effort point of view than a pain one. Are you landing softly like he says?

The knees seem to be better this week, perhaps they just needed time to adjust to this working out business

Glad to hear the knees are feeling better. Are you "enjoying" the programme overall:D

I have to do Max interval circuit tonight, too lazy to get up this morning and do it, so basically ill be thinking of about 40 excuses now all day not to do it

• Advertisement

DAY 15 CARDIO RECOVERY DONE

This recovery thing doesn't get any easier!!! A quarter of the programme done already, the time is flying.

Are you "enjoying" the programme overall

I really do love it. I actually look forward to doing the workouts every evening.

DAY 16 CARDIO POWER AND RESISTANCE DONE

Sweated buckets again in this workout, I can feel that I am able to kept up with most exercises at the moment.

DAY 17 PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT DONE

DAY 18 PURE CARDIO AND CARDIO ABS DONE

DAY 19 CARDIO POWER AND RESISTANCE DONE

DAY 20 PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT DONE

It was fairly hard to keep the workouts up over the long weekend. Managed to do them all, it really helped to burn off the aul easter eggs. Went mountain biking on Sunday and had soccer on Monday night which also helped keep things ticking over nicely.
    Off to Wales on Friday evening for a weekend of mountain biking so I will have to bring the exercises forward a day. This means no cardio recovery on Thursday night, instead it will be pure cardio and cardio abs which I actually like anyway. Friday afternoon will do plyometric cardio circuit before I head off and hopefully will be back in one piece on Monday to start "recovery week".

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thedave1989

hey this is a very good thread. i started insanity tonight. did d fitness test an it was so so hard. not exactly fit.. im 22/male/5'10"/185 lbs and have a bit of a beer belly.

when i finished it i was so tired i fell straight asleep.

my biggest problem is the diet and eatin 5times daily. i work 45hrs a week and do 8am-6pm so i can eat at..

7am before work,
    10am 15min break
    2pm lunch
    7pm home..

and i find it very hard to eat some of these recipies there talking about, on the go.

any tips on eating or what to eat or not to eat etc.. any advice would be excellent..

How is the insanity going happy hotspur?

Thedave, i personally didnt get caught up in the food plan when doing insanity. Its way to fussy and american in my opinion. I just concentrated on eating clean, with good protein in each meal. Like for breakfast id have a home made nut granola and a hard boled egg, for mid morning snack id have a bit of smoked salmon with some philly on it, lunch wuld be chicken/tuna salad , mid afternoon snack of some oatcakes with hummus and dinner would be chicken/beef/lamb with either veg or salad or a homemade curry or somthing. then id have some greek yogurt in the evenings and some berries as well. I was constantly eating, it does take time to be organised about it but i used to just get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thedave1989

yea i was tinkin the same that if i just eat healthy and keep on top of the workouts that i'll be fine.. the workouts are so hard its unreal i do be drippin with sweat heart rate hit 198 the other day not sure what the boundaries are for safety

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mobile me arse

hey folks, just started Insanity with fitness test on Monday last. very unfit at the moment but managing to get through the sessions so far. Anyone else doing the program at the moment?

Hiya, I did this last year and still do one or two of them a week now. Its mental stuff, so hard, some days you are well able other days you are useless!!

fairy play Dixie Chick, its an intense workout! how did you fare over the 60 days results wise? did it meet expectations?

Well I had just come out of a 90 days weight programme so Id gotten good results from that. Insanity was unreal thouhj, I didnt lose a lb, literally not 1 but the overal shape of me changed and if I had the comitment in me now to go back again Id do it in an instant. You feel amazing and awful at the same time. I remember finally get to grip with month 1 and then starting into month 2 and my god, there was actually tears one day!!
    It fianlyl broke the barrier on push-ups for me as well which i was always chronic at!

Have you done Pure Cardio yet?

• Advertisement

i hear ya on the push-ups, chronic aswell but hopefully will improve at them, had cardio recovery last night and i think its pure cardio tonight and that looks to be tough!! will give it a a lash.

am doing the sessions in the evenings this week and will then swap to morning sessions next week, hopefully i dont wake the kids!! wht time of day did you do the sessions? just wondering what the story is doing them early in the morning (6.30) on an empty stomach!!

The level drills, ski abs......its all so hard but it reaps benefits I promise you!

I used to always do mine a 6:30, with a big bottle of water with a berrocca in it!!

excellent, cheers for that, will be in touch over the 60 days for maybe some encouragement and advice!!

Do! I'm subscirbed to this thread so Ill be able to pick up anything straightaway. Its mental. I might even go back myself now and redo it...or ROUND 2 as the Americans call it!!

Oh yeah, there also is on beachbody.com a community forum for it, so lots of helP there and a facebook page with lots of help there too. So the support is there!!

Advertisement