Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Now if only that theory was proven to work lol

We can use Krochford in tonight's experiment! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krochford

can we apply for goverment funding for this experiment? or would we be better to go down the privte sector route

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

How about we try for both and make it a PPP project?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

How about we try for both and make it a PPP project?

I like it

and if we dont get the results we want we can charge the goverment by the day. like the tunnel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ho Sceptre,

many thanks for the detailed and time spent blog. its actually quite hard to come up with new questions, ideas, rounds etc every week for the quiz, not making any excuses at all just a point.
    Ah, of course it is, especially keeping it going week after week. After my being critical of a particular round of questions a few weeks ago, it'd unfair of me not to be encouraging when you've got your boots on.

Some a little bit easy last week (like the opening round) but still reasonable variety there week-on-week, which is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 juliek

We've been going for a few weeks. The first night we went, we did really badly but a few people here semed to be annoyed at the silliness of the questions so we came back because we thought that it can't be like that every week. Oh and we were anoyed at having done so badly! The questions are way better since and at least we're getting some good scores in some rounds!!! It's good fun. The music round is really cool.

I'm jwondering though, how many people are allowed on teams? Our team has 4 people and I thought the limit was 5 but there was a team at the end of the outside area that had 6 people at the start, then 7 and they might have had 8 in the middle of the quiz. It doesn't seem fair when people are going on about phones that there are some teams that are adding on people just to do well. I think that giant team might have come in the top 3 as well. It doesn't sem like it would take too much effort to see how many people are on a team as if it's like that team it's easy to see that they have more people than they're allowed. They should have been split into two teams. I think you might get some more teams at it too if you put up some posters in the bar about it, you almost have to know someone to know it's on.

Dunno about that idea to have questions in Irish though, sounds a bit silly. What's wrong with just having a good quiz on a Monday night without having bits of it in a different language just because some people think it'd be weird or funny?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

juliek wrote: »
    Dunno about that idea to have questions in Irish though, sounds a bit silly. What's wrong with just having a good quiz on a Monday night without having bits of it in a different language just because some people think it'd be weird or funny?

Ah, I didn't intend for that to be taken too seriously. :) Stick around on the forum and you'll get to know little quirks about the regulars here. I study Gaeilge in college and moderate an Irish language forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 juliek

Ah, I didn't intend for that to be taken too seriously. :) Stick around on the forum and you'll get to know little quirks about the regulars here. I study Gaeilge in college and moderate an Irish language forum here.
    Oh OK, seemed like a serious thing. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Just to confirm what juliek is saying, there was indeed one team with 8 members last week. A bit ridiculous really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

krochford wrote: »
    yes i was drunk last night, but with a soberish mind at the moment i stand by what i said. also you have seen me on the regular monday night, i will drink till i can no longer find my mouth.

Too bad that comes before you can't find the bathroom :rolleyes:

AlanOB wrote: »
    Just to confirm what juliek is saying, there was indeed one team with 8 members last week. A bit ridiculous really.

I saw said team... They were sitting beside us... Nobody cares though coz they were by no means threatening the top 3 positions (No offence intended if somebody from that team is reading this)!

On a rare occasion our own team has a maximum of 6, this is sorted out with the barstaff before the quiz begins, having an extra member by no means helped us (we still finished 5th/6th as in most weeks) and we couldn't exactly force one person to make a team on his own

juliek wrote: »

One or 2 rounds in Irish makes sense.... A full quiz, not so much!

Also that idea of having 2 picture rounds as it was last week (or was it the week before?) good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

I saw said team... They were sitting beside us... Nobody cares though coz they were by no means threatening the top 3 positions (No offence intended if somebody from that team is reading this)!

On a rare occasion our own team has a maximum of 6, this is sorted out with the barstaff before the quiz begins, having an extra member by no means helped us (we still finished 5th/6th as in most weeks) and we couldn't exactly force one person to make a team on his own

Again. Couldn't exactly force one person to make a team on his own, Again! :p

constantg wrote: »
    Again. Couldn't exactly force one person to make a team on his own, Again! :p

That was 2 people who we had form a team!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sevenofnine

From what time does this quiz run??

from about 9/half 9 till 11ish

• Registered Users Posts: 13 limericklad1

I'm thinking of coming along tonight but I've never been before & would prob be on my own. How can I get on a team?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm thinking of coming along tonight but I've never been before & would prob be on my own. How can I get on a team?

We'll probably have at least one team of Boardsies, but if there's enough of us we could put in two teams and you can join up with one.

This'll be my first time in ages going. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 limericklad1

We'll probably have at least one team of Boardsies, but if there's enough of us we could put in two teams and you can join up with one.

This'll be my first time in ages going. Looking forward to it!

Two of my mates are coming along tonight now too. So, if you want to join us, you're more than welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 orange tree

which pub ? would to joim in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 orange tree

which pub ? would to join in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

which pub ? would to join in

O'connell's, what used to be called the Old Quarter.

Fun quiz last week.. from what I can remember! :D Can't wait for monday again!

Fun quiz last week.. from what I can remember! :D Can't wait for monday again!

Not only because t's your birthday surely?

Tis that today, So yeah.. Gonna be a fun quiz! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 champo

so what do people think?should be starting at usual time or should we start after Monday Night Football at 9.45pm?

For the sake of 15 mins I'd say leave it start at 9:45 but keep the cheep pints comming from 9 :D

One of the lads on my team missed the last 3 rounds this week because he had to leave to catch a bus at 23:30.

I don't mind the late start-time myself, but there are people getting bothered by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Surely you can watch the match and take part in quiz simultaneously?

Advertisement