Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

See ye there at 9:30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

We'll hopefully be in a bit earlier anyway. I just wish they'd get it started on time or start starting it earlier even, its ridiculously late finish for a monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

might head again next monday.was good laugh last week,even though i found it annoying how long it took to get to the next round.wayyyy too long methought :P

you wha? wrote: »
    might head again next monday.was good laugh last week,even though i found it annoying how long it took to get to the next round.wayyyy too long methought :P

truth, but I even wouldnt mind that so much if they just got started earlier, its close to ten every week before it gets going, and its way too late to be finishing on a monday night then. some of our mates ended up going away early last week like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

No more quiz for me...I've to be up at 6 am for a two hour drive to work, no way I'm staying in a pub til half 12 or 1 o'clock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 champo

quiz over on time tonight, congrats to "Kwiz Klux Klan" who won after coming second twice in the last couple of weeks, persistence pays off!! Thanks to everyone else who came, and see you all next monday!! :-)

Quizmaster

Quiz continues tonight with loads of specials drink promos and cash prizes as usual!!Starts 9.30 sharp!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

champo wrote: »
    Quiz continues tonight with loads of specials drink promos and cash prizes as usual!!Starts 9.30 sharp!!

How sharp?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Alas, I won't make it tonight! Back next week though. :)

sharp, this will most likely be the last week that it will be on at half 9, will try starting it at 9 from next week...try be in early so we can actually get it started on time! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Cannae make it this week either, the lure of the beach was too great. Still in Sligo, have to haul my sunburned ass back to Luimnigh now :(

Next week though!

Hey Guys, Quiz start time has changed to 9pm from tomorrow on, please tell anyone you know whos planning on going.

Thanks,
    Quizmaster!

Threads merged. Champo, in future please refrain from bumping old threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

was at this last night, was great craic!
    belfast blonde is savage :D

"who's the new quizmaster? I would ya" brilliant name for a team!

Was a little frustrated at the question "In computing terms, what does D.O.S. stand for?"

I wrote Denial of Service first and then Disk Operating System(was asked arseways haha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Champo's gone? I'm going to miss a good few of these, had been to almost every one. Currently in cast from ankle to arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

yupyup7up wrote: »
    was at this last night, was great craic!
    belfast blonde is savage :D

"who's the new quizmaster? I would ya" brilliant name for a team!

Was a little frustrated at the question "In computing terms, what does D.O.S. stand for?"

I wrote Denial of Service first and then Disk Operating System(was asked arseways haha)

The way she said it it sounded like it ment a denial of service attack :P Cant beat our team name though 'blonde black hooker from Amsterdam with a busrh' (we were drinking belfast blonde, guinness, galway hooker, heiniken and bud :) )

yeah thats what happened me! i wrote the 2 answers for good measure... when she asked what type of wood was noahs ark made from i couldnt help but shout "morning wood" :D

ah touché! names based on drinks seem to go well!

Which table were you at?

the one nearest to the jacks with the fella that kept shouting out answers trying to be funny (wasnt me btw!)

Ah you were inside :P We were the one just outside the door there! :P If your there on monday we must meet over for a chat :)

What was your opinion on the 'Brian Lenihans Health Insurance Policy' Team name, Funny but also bad taste :P

And I think I was the only person in there to get the Michelle McMahon one in the picture round xD

• Advertisement

Ah you were inside :P We were the one just outside the door there! :P If your there on monday we must meet over for a chat :)

What was your opinion on the 'Brian Lenihans Health Insurance Policy' Team name, Funny but also bad taste :P

And I think I was the only person in there to get the Michelle McMahon one in the picture round xD

yep, ah yeah good stuff. not sure if im around next week hopefully tho!
    i thought it was funny, tongue in cheek stuff haha.

yeah i hadnt a clue who she was? the literature and movie/music rounds killed us for the first half and we clawed our way back:D

I've taken so many photos of her at this stage I couldn't forget the face :P And the headphones around the neck just confirmed it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Now that you have all got in some practice you can head to Pier One this Thursday for a quiz in aid of Limerick FC's youth academy.

Now that you have all got in some practice you can head to Pier One this Thursday for a quiz in aid of Limerick FC's youth academy.

What time is that on? Price per team? etc?

I'll be free this Thursday, for a change, so a quiz would be a pleasant alternative to sitting here doing nothing and over-moderating the forum... :pac:

What time is that on? Price per team? etc?

I'll be free this Thursday, for a change, so a quiz would be a pleasant alternative to sitting here doing nothing and over-moderating the forum... :pac:

Its on at 8pm - 40 Euro per table, 4 people per table - Heres a link to the event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=133772953364599

foinse wrote: »
    Champo's gone? I'm going to miss a good few of these, had been to almost every one. Currently in cast from ankle to arse.

cant get rid of me that easy,was a competitor last night...was great fun!!

Where was Napoleon exhaled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I don't think taste was high on our list of considerations when there was funny to be had.:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Anyone quizzing tonight? I need to win this before I leave Limerick :pac:

• Advertisement

dont think I'll be there tonight anyway, got some other stuff to take care of

Advertisement