Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Your being watched!!!! we know where u live:pac::pac::pac:

No you don't! And I know what pubs you own! AND WHAT SCHOOL YOU WENT TO! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Nice wan, thanks Ken :D

My printer's packed up and moved, can I just show my profile on the Blackberry? :p

Harry the *** with no printer, worse than us in the office!!!!! ya we'll sort soemthing for you so.... are blackberry's cool, u should have said I 4:eek::eek::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Harry the *** with no printer, worse than us in the office!!!!! ya we'll sort soemthing for you so.... are blackberry's cool, u should have said I 4:eek::eek::eek:

Blackberry's probably not that cool but it's the work phone so I won't complain :D

Blackberry's probably not that cool but it's the work phone so I won't complain :D

Show offs :(

Btw, Alaskimo I can print it off for you and give it to you there if you like :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

hehe, "give it to you" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

zuroph wrote: »
    hehe, "give it to you" :pac:

Nice, ah the simple little things in life are always the best, like the "ball hits man in groin" in Simpsons all those years ago...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Might try get down for a quiz this monday

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krochford

profile printed now only a few hours till i start giving my wages back to ken

krochford wrote: »

Its the way to do it! :D Although, I've a suprise for Champo if he's working inside tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Should be a good laugh tonight... If only my printer were to start working for me!

There's life in the old girl yet! Profile printed, though it doesn't have much info on it, I assume it's still valid yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭leakyboots

krochford wrote: »

Is Ken banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

I don't have a working printer at the moment, darn!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

All I'll say is nice one for the university challenge questions!!! jesus they were god awful... sound for the free shots tho! :D

yupyup7up wrote: »
    All I'll say is nice one for the university challenge questions!!! jesus they were god awful... sound for the free shots tho! :D

Stole it from us!! We were going for the 3 in a row! Screw comming second, I wanted the shots! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

Two questions for all the quizateers out there.

1. Who would you like to see host next weeks quiz? Sarah or Champo

2. Any suggestions for quiz rounds, i promise to bring the level of difficulty down for next week.

So once again the first place prize goes to the phone users! Good to see cheating doesn't get noticed in case somebody wants to grab a quick buck!

So once again the first place prize goes to the phone users! Good to see cheating doesn't get noticed in case somebody wants to grab a quick buck!

It's predictable at this stage! It's a table quiz and supposed to be a good laugh so why are people using phones?! It's a rather hollow win when they have to use google lol though it's becoming annoying that the same team are constantly getting away with cheating!

2. Any suggestions for quiz rounds, i promise to bring the level of difficulty down for next week.

I'd say good ol' champo ;) Although, I would recommend getting someone to go around checking people using their phones, because it has become a severe problem.

No offence to Sarah or nothing, lovely girl, but Champo is just a better quizmaster!

How about a round on famous people from the fair city of Limerick?

I'd vote for Champo, he's a better quizmaster I think.

Maybe a round on Irish historical figures or something on art?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is a table quiz in Old Crescent this Thursday after tag if any of you quizheads are interested, its for a great cause too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

haha had to go with a ludicrously crass name so apologies but those shots are ours haha.

whats the story with the exam papers for questions? the questions this week were waaaaaaaaay too specific. and yeah the winners definitely cheated, no way they would have got those answers!!! :mad:

Champo is very organised as quiz master which is good but Sarah is great craic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krochford

champo for quizmaster. how about a drinks round

yupyup7up wrote: »

whats the story with the exam papers for questions? the questions this week were waaaaaaaaay too specific. and yeah the winners definitely cheated, no way they would have got those answers!!! :mad:

Not only that but also one girl at that table also had her phone in her hand the whole time.

Havent gone in a few weeks, and by the sounds of the cheating going on, wont be returning any time soon. shame, was fun while it lasted, but I'm not going just to be robbed by someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

Hey Guys,

Paul the policeman from the pub!!! Obviously we don't condone and try to keep and eye out for cheaters.

We will try to bring an extra staff member in next week to keep an eye on it so its fair for everyone, those that might be getting help from the odle mobile should try remember that.

Was a greta night last night with 12 tables, good atmosphere and good to see.

Were trying to line up a special prize for a first place in a few weeks which will be a FULL KEG OF BEER!!!!! No cheaters allowed.com logistics TBC

Chat soon and we'll try get to that table quiz thursday for the good cause.

Paul.....

Hey Guys,

Paul the policeman from the pub!!! Obviously we don't condone and try to keep and eye out for cheaters.

We will try to bring an extra staff member in next week to keep an eye on it so its fair for everyone, those that might be getting help from the odle mobile should try remember that.

Was a greta night last night with 12 tables, good atmosphere and good to see.

Were trying to line up a special prize for a first place in a few weeks which will be a FULL KEG OF BEER!!!!! No cheaters allowed.com logistics TBC

Chat soon and we'll try get to that table quiz thursday for the good cause.

Paul.....

I think I'd prefer money over a keg to be honest... A keg is quite difficult to split 4 or 5 ways, transportation of it is not easy and whose house do we keep it at?

Money keeps things easy and we can also spend the money in O'Connells ;)

Im presuming you drink the keg in the pub colm. as a bonus prize

How would it be worked out though? A full keg of beer surely can't be drank after the quiz even with four or five people. Isn't there at least 88 pints in a keg or around that figure?

• Advertisement

vouchers or a tab usually.

Advertisement