Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

one person walking around keeping an eye would be plenty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

zuroph wrote: »
    quiz team assemble!

I may actually be back on this Monday night, if yer going let me know. I think Jen wants to go too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

or get like non mark electric or maskin art tape and wrap an X round a phone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A lunch box on each table, phones are put into them and sealed with masking tape & signed, if someone wants their phone, they ask the organiser, who opens the box and lets them have it (the phone that is :)). Simples ;)

or we could line all teams up by a wall, and point guns at their heads, and demand the answers of them out loud, one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

or we could line all teams up by a wall, and point guns at their heads, and demand the answers of them out loud, one by one.
    And have someone with a paintball gun shoot the people who get their questions wrong.

I'll offer to be the person with the gun, I'm sound like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

How about two very simple rules????

1. any one caught using their phone will be deducted points for each time caught.

2. if you leave your team during a round to use your phone or the bathroom, you are not allowed to rejoin them till their answer sheet has been handed up.

Would this help sort the problem out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

How about two very simple rules????

1. any one caught using their phone will be deducted points for each time caught.

2. if you leave your team during a round to use your phone or the bathroom, you are not allowed to rejoin them till their answer sheet has been handed up.

Would this help sort the problem out?

Seems fair. Tough, tough but fair.

Sounds like a couple of good rules, common sense prevails :)

and if that doesnt work, can we go back to my gun to the head idea?

• Advertisement

I've an old spud gun you can use :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I've an old spud gun you can use :)
    Pfft.. Screw the spud gun! Youd need a 50. Just to get through zurophs head :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

froodie wrote: »
    Oooh! I'll be on your team. Not sitting on Sceptre's lap though, even though I'm a ride. Sorry, dude :)
    Ah, I don't think your smizmar would appreciate it anyway:)
    How about you just eliminate any team caught using their phone? I like the simple life.

Which means that I secretly like the gun to the head idea but there would be fewer customers and a bar that wouldn't get cleaned of sticky blood till 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anger nectar

All this talk of guns is ridiculous. I have a nice heavy baseball bat that if applied correctly to the knees of any offender will get the job done just right.

All this talk of guns is ridiculous. I have a nice heavy baseball bat that if applied correctly to the knees of any offender will get the job done just right.

Iron bars.com!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krochford

well "paul" i hope you have been a bit more leaniant with the questions this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Paul... Your rules sound fair, see you tonight...

sceptre wrote: »

Secondly, I can personally guarantee that there were no phones being used, out or in hand by the team I'm on during rounds.

given that I *know* that your slur is completely incorrect, I'll just slot it into sour grapes, which is, frankly put, your issue, not mine. You're entirely incorrect and you need some better online manners or at least a clue, dude.

I didn't want to say it on this thread, for fear of looking petty, but you, Sceptre, were the one who told us your team was cheating... Though you didn't seem very sober (only specualtion, not criticizm before you go into criticizing my online manners again) and I will grant that you may have forgotten telling us this! Still you said it and my team mates will back me up on this one!

On a completely different point (yet the point that this thread was set up for afaik) what rounds are people expecting this week? Personally I'm expecting one on american culture, could be the music round, given the day that's in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

On a completely different point (yet the point that this thread was set up for afaik) what rounds are people expecting this week? Personally I'm expecting one on american culture, could be the music round, given the day that's in it![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd imagine there'll be something with an American theme! We'll see too, if they've taken some of the topic suggestions for rounds that people here made.

I didn't want to say it on this thread, for fear of looking petty, but you, Sceptre, were the one who told us your team was cheating... Though you didn't seem very sober (only specualtion, not criticizm before you go into criticizing my online manners again) and I will grant that you may have forgotten telling us this! Still you said it and my team mates will back me up on this one!

On a completely different point (yet the point that this thread was set up for afaik) what rounds are people expecting this week? Personally I'm expecting one on american culture, could be the music round, given the day that's in it!

We're through the looking glass people.

• Advertisement

Yay for the looking glass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I didn't want to say it on this thread, for fear of looking petty, but you, Sceptre, were the one who told us your team was cheating...
    Ah, now. Didn't happen - neither the "cheating" nor the "telling". Stop making things up now, you're looking very silly. You don't look petty, you look really really idiotic, man. Honestly. Well beyond the looking glass and into wackyland where the wolves roam free and bouncing monsters give away sweeties to passing bears.
    Though you didn't seem very sober (only specualtion, not criticizm before you go into criticizing my online manners again) and
    I probably don't "look" very sober when I'm sober.
    I will grant that you may have forgotten telling us this! Still you said it and my team mates will back me up on this one!
    Seriously man, you're making me think things of you now that are below the standard expected for posting anywhere on boards.ie. Not impressed with your comments here at all, to put it extremely diplomatically. Cop-on is free.

lol.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Please don't make me lock this thread!

Any disputes between teams should be dealt with maturely, perhaps with the assistance of the quiz organisers. There's no need to turn it into a running dispute here.

I'll just delete any posts that try to continue this sad tangent from here on out.
    Also, if anyone knows of any other upcoming quizzes, let us know about them here. :)

well, how did it go?

well, how did it go?

The quiz"mistress" was very pretty. Not that many teams but a good night was had by all I hope.

Yeah she was quite a good quiz mistress! Be careful John, your job could be taken!

A very good night! The staff were keeping an eye on each team so no cheating, so everyone should be happy now :) though one person did throw his toys out of the pram lol

The quiz mistress was really good, John has competition :D

pram toys? who won?

• Advertisement

pram toys? who won?

Ah just someone behaving immaturely with a weird rant directed at one member of another team.

I think a team called The Teachers won, had a good score too.

Again though, well done to the staff there. I doubt any team could get away with cheating now or be accused of it.

Advertisement