Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help - Program won't open for me

• 05-04-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Tried double-clicking on a program I have installed which I have used before, on my desktop, but it won't open for me, the can starts flashing like it is trying to open the program but it won't open

Is there a way to force-open a program ?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

What are you trying to open? Some programs will 'hang' or not open at all if you click on them multiple times.

Open Task Manager (right click on task bar down the bottom of the screen and select it). Click the processes tab and click once on name to sort alphabetically. If there are multiple instances of the program then just right click and End Process on each and try to open the program again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi,

It was Samsung Kies (which is rubbish software anyways) ! I went to task manager and ended the 3 processes that were related to this program and it has opened up !

Your a star

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi,

It was Samsung Kies (which is rubbish software anyways) ! I went to task manager and ended the 3 processes that were related to this program and it has opened up !

Your a star

Thanks

No worries! I use MyPhoneExplorer (http://www.fjsoft.at/en/). Not sure if that's only for Sony Ericssons though.

Advertisement