Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Demo in Dublin

• 05-04-2011 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hello

I am looking to record a demo in May. I have in the region of 5 songs. I have them very tight now and they are best described at alt country/folk. I can record then pretty quicky I would say.

I am not looking for something very professional just something to build on. I have done a lot of home recording. In the region of 100 songs but I need access to better equipment. I will be just me and my guitars but I can also play drums.

My budget would be around €200 for the day.

If they are small independent guys out there send me a PM. Ye might suit my price range better.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

To get a reasonable sound in a studio with ****e acoustic can take ages.
    To get a reasonably sounding mix in a studio with a ****e sound engineer can take ages.

You may pay little PER HOUR, but it will take more time and ... will sound ****e!

There are a few great small studios in Dublin that don't charge much and will give you great results. (I know about damagedtrax and fastlane, there might be more)

I suggest a change of attitude to "How much will it cost me to get a reasonable recording of 5 tracks" and not "how much per TIME"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

(the asterisks were automatically put by boards. )

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

dedon wrote: »
    Hello

I am looking to record a demo in May. I have in the region of 5 songs. I have them very tight now and they are best described at alt country/folk. I can record then pretty quicky I would say.

I am not looking for something very professional just something to build on. I have done a lot of home recording. In the region of 100 songs but I need access to better equipment. I will be just me and my guitars but I can also play drums.

My budget would be around €200 for the day.

If they are small independent guys out there send me a PM. Ye might suit my price range better.

Thanks

With your budget, it really depends on what you're trying to get done in terms of arrangements. If it's just you and guitars, it's do-able in a day, assuming you're well rehearsed and super familiar with exactly what you want to put down.

If you're talking about adding drums and bass, you're budget isn't going to cut it for five songs. One maybe.

If you're looking to go the guitar/vocal demo route, PM me some examples of your stuff, particularly the songs you want to record, I might be up for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Having two tracks well-recorded tracks is better than having five that are just done ok.

You might also find that arrangements end up developing during recording, leading to things taking a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paddyhunt

Hi i would be very interested in doing this with you.... i work closely with elektra studios in temple bar and if we were to do this we would record there. I'm a 23 year old sound engineer/producer/ sound engineer. I'd be willing to do this for the €200 which would include everything such as studio time, mixing it and i'd even master it for you. If you want to do it for cheaper you could also record in my home set up where i have pro tools, logic, reason etc, a good audio interface, a €300 microphone and excellent speakers and headphones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement