Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glam Beauty Salon, Trinity St-Avoid this place!!

• 05-04-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I posted a query here last week enquiring about Glam Beauty Salon on Trinity St in town which I had recently spotted while passing by. I decided to take a chance on the place last week for a spray tan and file and paint.

I was shown into a backroom mostly full of tools and paint tins for my spray tan. I was initially given a cover for my hair, which had already been used!! When I asked for a fresh one, I was given a horrific look. When I asked for disposable underwear, I was told they didn't have any!! At this point I told them I could not go ahead with the spray tan for hygiene reasons.

I settled for the file and paint and the therapist did not utter a single word to me during the treatment. While my toes were drying, she joined another therapist to roar about the awful curry she had...and then left the salon, so I just had to see to myself when leaving!

Such a terrible experience, avoid this excuse for a salon like the plague

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

God that sounds horrible! Cant see them being open long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Walked by it the other day and thought it looked really cheap and tacky! Some peroxide blonde in a bright pink outfit hanging out of the door too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

That sounds awful. I don't know how they expect to stay open especially in this climate running a business like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Did you complain after the fact? Sounds very unprofessional and kinda gross :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

oh thats horrible!!im a beautician myself and i think hygiene is the most important factor as there is bodily fluids involved!!

also pink tunics are DISGUSTING!!!!theyre cheap and tacky stick to a nice black or brown or lilac and its a classier look!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Very unprofessional !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

^ no op said it's in Town.The above place is in Swords and has a great reputation!
    So you might want to delete the link in-case of any confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LittleT

No it is not that place in Swords...this place is directly across from San Kiev hairdressers and Keoghs cafe. It's in a prime location, I don't understand how their standards can be so low!

As regards complaining, initially I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt as they seemed to be only starting out. However, the attitude of the girl doing my treatment was so dour and rude changed this fairly lively! I tried to mention when I was paying that it was a pity I couldn't hav had my tan done, etc...but I was promptly told that most people bring their own underwear for spray tanning and I should have done the same. Yeah right, I would never do that!! I've been to enough beauty salons at this stage to know what basic standards of hygiene and interpersonal skills are. And they're really lacking amongst the girls in this place!

LittleT wrote: »
    but I was promptly told that most people bring their own underwear for spray tanning

Most girls i spray tan normally just wear a black g string but i'd always have disposable strings for anyone who prefers ...it's just good code really! As for the hairnets, new ones should be provided for every spray tan client!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭eefums

i got a spray tan done recently not there but somewhere else, i was offered neither disposable udnerwear so had to wear my own or a hair net
    TERRIBLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Is this the nail salon across from Keogh's cafe? I got my nails done there once and they did a great job on them, plus its really cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

panda100 wrote: »
    Is this the nail salon across from Keogh's cafe? I got my nails done there once and they did a great job on them, plus its really cheap!

The nail salon closed down and there's not a beauty salon in its place!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

this may be a silly question but beauty salon etiquette is always ackward when you're getting a treatment done for the first time but I'm considering a spray tan for a wedding. are you supposed to be completely naked it for it? And you get disposable underwear and a hair net?

Thanks.

PS- wont be going here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

You wear a thong -- either your own or they should supply you with a disposable one. A hairnet (disposable) should be provided, as are disposable foot thingys, to stand on, so as you dont get tan all over the soles of your feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Agreed Storminateacup, it's all just a bit too ... convenient.

That sounds so disgusting OP! I'm actually relieved to hear you didn't go ahead with that spray tan, some people would have just agreed and gone along with it.

And pink tunics are SO tacky and cheap looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

girl power and honkeyjay's posts deleted for shilling and both users banned. Other off topic posts deleted. If you have a problem with a post please report it in future rather than commenting on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Petra Hughes

The salon you speak of used to be called NB Nail Bar or something similair so its not new, just changed its name or may have been taken over. It has been around for years from what I understand, but quality is not good. As at today, it is still there. I have had bad nails done there so would never go back even if it was for free. I also felt very unwelcome when I was there, no talk which shocked me.....

However, I would not normally be someone to go for a spray tan, but I recently got one at a place a bit out of the way on the 2nd Floor on Dame St. I saw the board saying €10 for a full body spray tan as I was about to cross the lights to the Centra. I went in, and asked about it. I then came back the next day following the helpful hints from the English lady. When I came in, I was offered, disposable panties, hair cap, and some black things that stuck to my feet. I was also offered barrier cream. I could not believe the great value, and to top it off, the tan was excellent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sunbedqueen11

I have just seen the recommendation for the place beside-above ricks on dame street, well funny funny story.I had the pleasure of dealing with the owner annette im nearly sure the name was, well rude would be an understatement.All the things mentioned that are supplied are definatly not true.I went there 3weeks ago for a wedding i was attending.Soles of my feet where black, kness and elbows orange, under my arms went green total disaster.It was as if it was cheap tan that just ran down.Im a sunbed queen love me tan n sprays so iv tried them all but girls stay well away from sienna and the so called white to brown which i soo know was not what was used on myself. I am so annoyed at my self for goin up its such a true saying that you pay for what you got, but a bargain always tempts me unfortunatly..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Petra Hughes

Following the post after mine, I went fishing, as I did not turn green and never had heard of this happening before.

I found the following on the internet on a few different sites, quoting the same basic wording, as follows:-

4. Avoid Makeup, Deodorant, and Perfume Some of these products may prevent the tanning solution from reacting with skin properly and others can even cause skin to turn green. Play safe and make sure there are no other cosmetics on your body before getting a spray tan.

This is from the following website:-
    http://www.gallerysparoswell.com/gpage9.html

It is such a shame that people are prepared to slag others so quickly, before actually properly investigating. You are on the internet, so please do use it (Google and about 30 seconds)....

Personally, I am very happy if I can get something much cheaper due to someone working on a lower profit than someone else. Just because you buy your petrol cheaper does it mean your car does not work as good? smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KilkennyS

Just had my nails and eyebrows done in Glam. Horrific fawlty towers experience. She painted my nails (badly) then asked me to hold my eyelids whilst getting a threading of eyebrows. All the hairs fell into my wet nails. She acted surprised, like hair sin't going to stick to varnish. She had to redo my nails but put on about 5 layers to combat the f*k up the first time. Now they are all ruined as they were still wet 3 hrs after application. AVOID AVOID! Wasted €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

LittleT wrote: »
    No it is not that place in Swords...this place is directly across from San Kiev hairdressers and Keoghs cafe. It's in a prime location, I don't understand how their standards can be so low!

As regards complaining, initially I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt as they seemed to be only starting out. However, the attitude of the girl doing my treatment was so dour and rude changed this fairly lively! I tried to mention when I was paying that it was a pity I couldn't hav had my tan done, etc...but I was promptly told that most people bring their own underwear for spray tanning and I should have done the same. Yeah right, I would never do that!! I've been to enough beauty salons at this stage to know what basic standards of hygiene and interpersonal skills are. And they're really lacking amongst the girls in this place!

Yea, cuz your going to bring your own towel to a hair dressers, just in case they have none. That was a ridiculous suggestion on her part:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I used to go here before, when it was the Nail Bar. Very unprofessional, any time I was in there there would be a big discussion about who was going to go to the chipper - I found them to be quite rude and their manicures rubbish to be honest

Tip - girl in Sankiev upstairs does top notch manicures for 18 euro, was there yesterday - very pleased I have to say

I reckon glam is owned by someone who doesn't work there themselves, and its not being managed properly at all. Those girls are really rude.

girl power and honkeyjay's posts deleted for shilling and both users banned. Other off topic posts deleted. If you have a problem with a post please report it in future rather than commenting on thread.

excuse my ignorance, but what is shilling?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

temply wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance, but what is shilling?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+shilling%3F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

MagicMarker You know better than that. Please be helpful rather than smart.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 super power

hi all, Ive been reading the posts over the last couple of weeks, and i normally wouldn't do this. let me introduce myself, i am the owner of glam nail and beauty on trinity street. now i totally understand that everyone is entitled to there opinion and points, to which i agree, but if you dont mind i would like to clear up some of the comments that were made, and anwser some of the questions. yes the nail bar as it was called has been taken over by a new owner, and new management. now regarding the spray tan-ing, every customer is given a sealed packet, containing a hair net, a tong, and sticky feet, for the soles of there feet. the lady who goes by the name of kilkennys, who wrote on thur 24/6/2011, she got her eyebrow and nail done, and seems very disappointed, and upset, and also temply who said that there is no management there running the place. well i would like to anwser both of those points. now im not saying that kiilkenny was not in my nail bar, but if she was our computer would show her details, such as name, phone number, treatment, time and which technician did her, aslo the cctv would show her vist and time, and she would have been greeted by me. im on reception all the time, i greet clients, take appointments and monator the tecchnicians. now if kilkenny would like to contact me, and provide me with some details that she did indeed visit my nail bar, as i will be able to look back on all the records, i will be happy to refund her, and apologize deeply. but if any client is having threading and nails done our procedure is treading frist and then we will do your nail treatment. we make sure your nails are dry before you leave the nail bar. so i hope that also answers temply management issue. i also know the young lady in sankeiv, and i wish her all the best in business. if anyone who found my staff rude, i do apologize, but i have not come across that yet, but there is always two side to every storie.i thank you all for the time in letting me clear up some items, and if anyone has a problem, please let me know, as we are a new business, as i am there all the time or leave a post. i thank you once again.
    kind regards glam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

super power, thank you for taking the time to post. However, I would ask that you do not post again about your business until you contact hello@boards.ie to obtain a verified commercial representative account.

Thanks for replying. Just a note however, with regards to there being 2 sides to every story, this thread was not long in getting a few compliants about the service and your staff.

From more than 1 person.

Another saying I am fond of is "there is no smoke without fire"

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pinkette

Regarding the glam nail and beauty new owner thread. As far as i know the gal who said shes the new owner is very rude. She was the manager there even when it was owned by the previous owner and she was filthy rude!!!!!!!!
    I think its time to change your attitude, youve lost me and many of my collegues to the salon right opposite you and fair play to them.tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sally02

I have to agree Pinkette they have also lost myself and a number of my work colleagues. I will be warning everyone against this place. Since it has become 'Glam' I think it couldnt be any further away from being 'Glam'!!! It is so cheap and tacky. I hadnt been since it had changed ownership from the Nail Bar and was disapointed to see how down hill the salon had gone. I thought the attitude of the staff and so called manager was horrendous they were so ignorant and had no consideration for me as a client. The language out of the owners mouth was far from professional!!! They seem to have no respect for customers as they openly and very rudely spoke about previous clients. They have lost mine and my friends custom forever. I would not recommend this place to anyone as I did when it was the Nail Bar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

One thing I noticed when I used to go there was the fact that they'd have "no change" and that they'd have to go out and get some... On one occassion I said ah sure keep it, its grand - wised up after that, I think it was a sly way of getting a tip off ya.

Advertisement