Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cattle immobilizer

• 05-04-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

has anyone any experience of using any of these. think their also called scoops or something like that. picture of one in journal. are they suitable for admin boluses. is there any difference in any of them. would it work n weanlings? also any idea of cost. always the deciding factor:D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I hear the scoops are about 6-800 yoyo.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

blue5000 wrote: »

Cruel price, cruel instrument.

I thought they were banned years ago.

LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

LC,

I think people are getting wires crossed here.
    This is the scoop they are talking about.
    http://www.connachtagri.ie/index.php?p=98

Not the inserted probe you were thinking about. I made the same mistake.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

blue5000 wrote: »

nah i mailed one of the crowds on journal or maybe donedeal i think it was 325 or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Here's one on Donedeal that a friend of mine bought.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/livestock/1892540

Going to get the grinder and welder out and try to copy it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

reilig wrote: »
    Here's one on Donedeal that a friend of mine bought.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/livestock/1892540

Going to get the grinder and welder out and try to copy it :rolleyes:
    how did i miss that, reilig can this be moved to different crushes can you find out it looks like it can from the picture, does it just slot over the pipe that is welded onto the crush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

leg wax wrote: »
    how did i miss that, reilig can this be moved to different crushes can you find out it looks like it can from the picture, does it just slot over the pipe that is welded onto the crush.

That's it exactly. My mate has 2 crushes and it just slots over the pipe on each allowing him to swap it from either. No welding either - its held on with U-Bolts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I take it that if the cow was to 'go down' in the crush with her head in that, she'd choke to death. Like the old crush gates that didn't allow the head to drop fully to the ground.
    If your making one, you'd better have a very good quick release that will work even when there's half a weight of a cow on it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

pakalasa wrote: »
    I take it that if the cow was to 'go down' in the crush with her head in that, she'd choke to death. Like the old crush gates that didn't allow the head to drop fully to the ground.
    If your making one, you'd better have a very good quick release that will work even when there's half a weight of a cow on it.
    Pulling the lever releases the ratchet letting the scoop down, Btw the original one the "super scoop" is about 700 quid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

LostCovey wrote: »
    Cruel price, cruel instrument.

I thought they were banned years ago.

LC
    pakalasa wrote: »
    LC,

I think people are getting wires crossed here.
    <snip>

Not the inserted probe you were thinking about. I made the same mistake.:D

That would have been the Stockstill Immobiliser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Rovi wrote: »
    That would have been the Stockstill Immobiliser.

Exactly, my mistake.

Never thought a skulling gate (even a sophisticated one) would be called an immobiliser.

Outrage officially withdrawn!

LostCovey

Advertisement