Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny86 Sports Bets

Options
  • 05-04-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Going to try this so..will start with 100pts and most likely end with none but sure a bit of craic. Bets will predominantly be a mix of golf, horse racing, football, GAA etc.

For the Masters;

Fred Couples 1pt Top 10 @ 12 (Betfair)
    Freddy has a great record around here, 6th last year, been playing well on Champions Tour and has a top 10 on the PGA tour earlier this year too.

Justin Rose 1.5pt Top European @ 12 (Betfair)
    Has 3 top 10's this year so is playing well. He leads the stats in 5-10ft putts which will be important around here. A decent price as i don't think Westy, Poulter, G-Mac are playing too well at the moment. Kaymer the big danger!

Outright Winner Bets:
    Phil Mickelson 1.5pt win @ 7.8 (Betfair)
    This is a saver more than anything, his record speaks for itself about here and he will surely be there or there abouts come Sunday so this will keep an interest at the very least. Not any value.

Nick Watney 1.5pt win @ 18 (Betfair)
    He is playing well, and was 7th here last year. He is 4th on the Tour scrambling ranks and top of the "par breaker" stats. Price isn't great due to his victory a few weeks back.

Matt Kuchar 2.5pt win @38 (Betfair)
    A very consistent player. 6 top 10's out of 8 tournaments this year means he should give a run for the money. 3rd and 4th in scoring and putting average respectively this year. Doesn't have a great record about here but he seems a different player over the last 12 months. I think that the price is good but someone with a great chance about here.

Others that i like but not having a bet on include A. Kim and D. Johnson for a top 5's. Also Gary Woodland to be 1st round leader @ 170..but no bets on them. Feel free to add any comments!

Bank: 92pts
    In play: 8pts
    P/L: 0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Good luck lad, hope you get off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Thanks for the good wishes..was looking at the other logs and decided i wanted to get in on the act!

4.15 Aintree

Sportsline 1 pt win @ 13.5, 1pt place @ 4.9

Long time follower of this horse and could be off a good weight here

5.25 Aintree

Get Me Out of Here 1 pt win @ 10.5

Raced very well at Cheltenham and taking a chance to go one better here.

Bank 89pts
    In Play 11pt
    P/L 0

Johnny86 wrote: »
    4.15 Aintree

Sportsline 1 pt win @ 13.5, 1pt place @ 4.9

Long time follower of this horse and could be off a good weight here

5.25 Aintree

Get Me Out of Here 1 pt win @ 10.5

Raced very well at Cheltenham and taking a chance to go one better here.

Bank 89pts
    In Play 11pt
    P/L 0

2 losers there.

Sportsline fell 4 out when disputing 2nd. Didn't see the race so not sure how he was travelling.

Get Me Out of Here was backed into 7-2 Fav. Pulled Up and sounds like he was never travelling well.

Bank 89pts
    In Play 8pts
    P/L -3Pts

• Advertisement

Anyway, onto Aintree!

13:45 Aintree 2pt win Spirit Son @ 4.3 (Betfair)
    Went well in Cheltenham and see no reason why he shouldn't confirm the form with Cue Card

Fred Couples the only one going well at the half way stage in the golf for me...looking good for a top 10.

Bank 87pts
    In Play 10pts
    P/L -3Pts

Anyway, onto Aintree!

13:45 Aintree 2pt win Spirit Son @ 4.3 (Betfair)
    Went well in Cheltenham and see no reason why he shouldn't confirm the form with Cue Card

Fred Couples the only one going well at the half way stage in the golf for me...looking good for a top 10.

Bank 87pts
    In Play 10pts
    P/L -3Pts

Spirit Son wins well there, no bother to him at all.

Bank 95.6pts
    In Play 8pts
    P/L +3.6Pts

14:15 Aintree 2.5pts win Finians Rainbow @ 2.06

Good run in the Arkle, price came out a bit there so that why im backing

Bank 93.1pts
    In Play 10.5pts
    P/L +3.6Pts

14:15 Aintree 2.5pts win Finians Rainbow @ 2.06

Good run in the Arkle, price came out a bit there so that why im backing

Bank 93.1pts
    In Play 10.5pts
    P/L +3.6Pts

Another win there but it was looking tight, bad jump 2 out for Ghaizo cost him.

14:50 Aintree 2.5pts win Binocular @ 3.0

Would have been fav at cheltenham and so must have a good chance here as he is going fresh. Only see Peddlers Cross as the challenge.

Bank 95.75
    In Play 10.5
    P/L + 6.25pts

Another win there but it was looking tight, bad jump 2 out for Ghaizo cost him.

14:50 Aintree 2.5pts win Binocular @ 3.0

Would have been fav at cheltenham and so must have a good chance here as he is going fresh. Only see Peddlers Cross as the challenge.

Bank 95.75
    In Play 10.5
    P/L + 6.25pts

Binocular ran poorly enough there..good run from Oscar Whisky turning the form about with Peddlers Cross.

Bank 95.75
    In Play 8
    P/L + 3.75pts

• Advertisement

16:15 Aintree (THE GRAND NATIONAL)

Becauseicouldntsee
    1 point win @ 26 , 1 pt place @ 7.2 (Betfair)

Pure lottery this sure, I had a dream that Davy Russell would ride the winner!

Quinz
    1 pt place @ 5.3 (Betfair)

Inexperienced but has good form

Bank 92.75
    In Play 11
    P/L +3.75

16:15 Aintree (THE GRAND NATIONAL)

Becauseicouldntsee
    1 point win @ 26 , 1 pt place @ 7.2 (Betfair)

Pure lottery this sure, I had a dream that Davy Russell would ride the winner!

Quinz
    1 pt place @ 5.3 (Betfair)

Inexperienced but has good form

Bank 92.75
    In Play 11
    P/L +3.75

Becauseicouldntsee down after 2 fences, Quinz pulled up midway through!

Bank 92.75
    In Play 8
    P/L +0.75

Going to try this so..will start with 100pts and most likely end with none but sure a bit of craic. Bets will predominantly be a mix of golf, horse racing, football, GAA etc.

For the Masters;

Fred Couples 1pt Top 10 @ 12 (Betfair)
    Freddy has a great record around here, 6th last year, been playing well on Champions Tour and has a top 10 on the PGA tour earlier this year too.

Justin Rose 1.5pt Top European @ 12 (Betfair)
    Has 3 top 10's this year so is playing well. He leads the stats in 5-10ft putts which will be important around here. A decent price as i don't think Westy, Poulter, G-Mac are playing too well at the moment. Kaymer the big danger!

Outright Winner Bets:
    Phil Mickelson 1.5pt win @ 7.8 (Betfair)
    This is a saver more than anything, his record speaks for itself about here and he will surely be there or there abouts come Sunday so this will keep an interest at the very least. Not any value.

Nick Watney 1.5pt win @ 18 (Betfair)
    He is playing well, and was 7th here last year. He is 4th on the Tour scrambling ranks and top of the "par breaker" stats. Price isn't great due to his victory a few weeks back.

Matt Kuchar 2.5pt win @38 (Betfair)
    A very consistent player. 6 top 10's out of 8 tournaments this year means he should give a run for the money. 3rd and 4th in scoring and putting average respectively this year. Doesn't have a great record about here but he seems a different player over the last 12 months. I think that the price is good but someone with a great chance about here.

Others that i like but not having a bet on include A. Kim and D. Johnson for a top 5's. Also Gary Woodland to be 1st round leader @ 170..but no bets on them. Feel free to add any comments!

Bank: 92pts
    In play: 8pts
    P/L: 0

Disappointing results overall in the golf.
    Justin Rose came 2nd in the Top European market, just Luke Donald ahead of him..he even finished ahead of McIlroy!
    Fred Couples was 2 shots off a Top 10 finish, was T9 going into the final round so that was disappointing.
    Watney made the cut but was never in contention, Phil's driving was a bit wayward i believe. Kuchar had a good 1st and 3rd round but poor 2nd and 4th rounds, a good man for top 10's in general but not sure how often he'll win.

Bank 92.75
    In Play 0
    P/L -7.25

Cork u-21's win (-3pts)...6/5 with Paddy Power, 4pts

Bank 88.75
    In Play 4
    P/L -7.25

Cork u-21's win (-3pts)...6/5 with Paddy Power, 4pts

Bank 88.75
    In Play 4
    P/L -7.25

Galway winners of this, I imagine a few people got burned by the result! Another loser...sigh!

Bank 88.75
    In Play 0
    P/L -11.25

Onto the horses today

Fairyhouse 14:35 - 2.5pts win Voler La Volette @ 2.64
    Hoped the price would be a bit better but off the low weight and classy enough indvidual

Warwick 15:00 - 2.5pts win Van Go Go @ 1.94
    This is from a crowd called raceclear.co.uk who seem to have tipped a few winners lately so giving a go

Fairyhouse 15:45 - 2.5pts win Raithlin @ 2.5
    Thought it would be a bigger price but should be good enough to win this

Irish Grand National 16:55 - 2pts win, 2pts place The Last Derby @ (12.5win, 4.3 place)
    Richard Forristal seems to make a good case for it in the independent today.

Bank 77.25
    In Play 11.5
    P/L -11.25

Onto the horses today

Fairyhouse 14:35 - 2.5pts win Voler La Volette @ 2.64
    Hoped the price would be a bit better but off the low weight and classy enough indvidual

Warwick 15:00 - 2.5pts win Van Go Go @ 1.94
    This is from a crowd called raceclear.co.uk who seem to have tipped a few winners lately so giving a go

Fairyhouse 15:45 - 2.5pts win Raithlin @ 2.5
    Thought it would be a bigger price but should be good enough to win this

Irish Grand National 16:55 - 2pts win, 2pts place The Last Derby @ (12.5win, 4.3 place)
    Richard Forristal seems to make a good case for it in the independent today.

Bank 77.25
    In Play 11.5
    P/L -11.25

Started with two winners
    Voler La Volette apparently traded at 149-1 in play but thankfully Blackstairmountain pretty much stopped when it hit the front.

Van Go Go also won, the other pick that raceclear.co.uk had also won so at 3-1 but i didnt back it :( will be keep an eye on their selections!

Thought Raithlin was sure to win but bad jump at 2nd last and clattered the last put paid to his chances, finished 2nd in the end.

The Last Derby was travelling well in the National but didnt make much of an impression, finished 6th.

Ended up -0.05pts for the day even with two winners :rolleyes:

P/L -11.30

5pts Barcelona win v Real Madrid at 2.9

This is the one that Barca really want to win, the last 2 games were quite as important. When will i ever get almost 2-1 on Barca to win!

In play 5pts
    P/L -11.30

5pts Barcelona win v Real Madrid at 2.9

This is the one that Barca really want to win, the last 2 games were quite as important. When will i ever get almost 2-1 on Barca to win!

In play 5pts
    P/L -11.30

Yay a win, a scrappy enough one at that..the sending off probably turned it in Barca's favour. Almost back to break even.

P/L -1.8pts

Munster v Harlequins, laying over 43.5pts @ 1.73

backers stake is 4pts, liabilty is 2.4pts ish...

Sure we'll see what happens, i wouldn't have it down as being this high scoring, just a touch below...you'd get 5/6 on over 44.5 on paddy power so i think its priced poorly on betfair.

P/L -1.8

• Advertisement

Munster v Harlequins, laying over 43.5pts @ 1.73

backers stake is 4pts, liabilty is 2.4pts ish...

Sure we'll see what happens, i wouldn't have it down as being this high scoring, just a touch below...you'd get 5/6 on over 44.5 on paddy power so i think its priced poorly on betfair.

P/L -1.8

In profit for the first time!! Not the result i wanted but at least the bet came through. only 32pts in the game.

P/L +2.2

Lets go 4pts on Pathfork to be placed @ 2.36 in the 2000 guineas, better value than backing Frankel to win.

In play 4pts
    P/L +2.2

Lets go 4pts on Pathfork to be placed @ 2.36 in the 2000 guineas, better value than backing Frankel to win.

In play 4pts
    P/L +2.2

That profit didn't last too long..
    Frankel ran away with it...don't know why i bother backing the horses, i'm much better at sports i know about!

P/L -1.8

Going for Kilkenny ht/ft double against Dublin

7.5pts @ 1.79

Think the odds are decent compared to a measly 1.4 for Kilkenny full time.
    Experience of finals should tell

Going for Kilkenny ht/ft double against Dublin

7.5pts @ 1.79

Think the odds are decent compared to a measly 1.4 for Kilkenny full time.
    Experience of finals should tell

Well this bet is going to lose...Dubs playing well in the first half, Larkin getting sent off didn't help things either..at least i can cheer on the Dubs now!

P/L -9.3

Advertisement