Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random AIB Charge - Fallon & Byrne ??

Options
  • 06-04-2011 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Ok - kind of a weird one here, but I just checked my bank account as I'm skating close to the edge recently and I noticed a POS charge on my AIB current account for Fallon & Byrne for 4.95 - this seems very strange since I haven't been in the place in nearly 6 months...

So... has anyone else noticed anything similar OR anyone knoe if Fallon & Byrne own any other shops that it might have been...

It usually wouldn't bother me but this measly amount I never actually spent has put me in the negative... which means additional fees from AIB... I was planning to go in tomorrow and speak to the bank to see if there's anything they can do, but I've never done so before and I'm not sure if they'll be able to do anything... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

zacseph wrote: »
    Ok - kind of a weird one here, but I just checked my bank account as I'm skating close to the edge recently and I noticed a POS charge on my AIB current account for Fallon & Byrne for 4.95 - this seems very strange since I haven't been in the place in nearly 6 months...

So... has anyone else noticed anything similar OR anyone knoe if Fallon & Byrne own any other shops that it might have been...

It usually wouldn't bother me but this measly amount I never actually spent has put me in the negative... which means additional fees from AIB... I was planning to go in tomorrow and speak to the bank to see if there's anything they can do, but I've never done so before and I'm not sure if they'll be able to do anything... :(

To save you the hassle of going into the branch, you might want to try and contact their 24 hour phone banking and query the charge. It is not unusual for a charge to randomly turn up months later.

About 2 years ago, I saw an ATM withdrawal come up on my statement that I thought I hadn't made (it was from a different city, so assumed it had to be wrong). I rang the phone banking (thinking it may have been fraud), but it turned out it was an ATM withdrawal from another bank's machine I had made the previous summer (when I was in that city on the date in question) which the bank had only presented to AIB now (with no explanation available).

Perhaps if the operator can tell you a bit more about the transaction, it might jog your memory. If no info is available, it's up to you if you wish to dispute it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The machine in my shop went faulty last year and stopped batching transactions to the bank. The engineer noticed it and found 5 months of charges stored. This was fixed and everyone of them went through up to 5 months after the transactions.

Could be another case...

Advertisement