Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - LC repeat, where?

• 06-04-2011 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I want to repeat the leaving.

How can I do it myself from home? (Dont mention Kilroys!!)

Is it possible for me to just study the stuff myself and then show up to an exam center and just sit the exams?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Is it possible? Yes

Do I have a clue what the hell Kiloroys is?...............no

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can 'just show up' if you're registered to sit the exam. Many subjects require a teacher to sign off on practical work, so your options will be limited if you are not attending some school or centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

From home without teacher supervision you can do:

Irish
    English
    Maths
    Applied Maths
    French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese
    Latin (cannot do with classical studies)
    Classical Studies
    Business
    Economics
    Accounting

You will need teacher supervision for subjects that contain a project / practical component which carry marks into the exam:

History
    Geography
    Home Economics
    Religion
    Art
    Agricultural Science
    Engineering
    Construction
    DCG
    Technology

You can be inspected by the department to see if you carried out practicals for the following subjects although no marks are currently awarded:

Physics
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics & Chemistry (cannot do with physics or chemistry)

(The above list is not exhaustive as other subjects / languages are available depending on your circumstances. See www.examinations.ie for full details)

So yes you can study at home for the subjects that do not require teacher supervision. Register as an external student at www.examinations.ie usually in January of the year you are sitting the exam.

Best of luck

Advertisement