Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Vetting / Clearance

Options
  • 06-04-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there everyone.
    What is the difference between Garda Vetting and Garda Clearance. Can someone give me a simple answer.

Can Garda Vetting be by the person personally by the Guards.

Is there any way to spped up the process

Thanks
    Scott

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 galwaygod

vetting is done in Thurlas and is for say jobs with children etc.....

Garda Clearance is a term used for the vetting i.e i need Garda Clearance (Garda Vetting)

Police Cert of character is the second option thats for visas to go abroad, this is done by the local Guards

No way to speed it up.

i've had to use both before.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GERRYMAC65

galwaygod wrote: »
    vetting is done in Thurlas and is for say jobs with children etc.....

Garda Clearance is a term used for the vetting i.e i need Garda Clearance (Garda Vetting)

Police Cert of character is the second option thats for visas to go abroad, this is done by the local Guards

No way to speed it up.

i've had to use both before.
    I rang Thurles and i think it hurried things along,or at least they will explain if there is a problem.Filling in the vetting form wrong can be all thats wrong.:)

Advertisement