Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD player that can skip right to menu

• 06-04-2011 3:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi,
    I can't believe how terrible DVDs are these days with so many warnings, promos, ads and unskippable things before I can even start to watch my film.

Anyone know of any inexpensive region free DVD players that have some great ability to allow me to skip directly to the Menu and can even skip past all those normally unskippable sequences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

yea dont use em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Not that we're condoing such a thing, but this ever so good graphic immediately springs to mind :P
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tech-fun/pirated-dvd-vs-legal-dvd/

@ the OP, I'm afraid there are no FANCY dvd players out there that will skip all this nonsense. It's built into the disc.

If you're really that pushed though, you could *cough* re-author the disc on your PC, making a more user friendly backup copy of the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

There are actually DVD palyers that have functions that can skip past these forced warnings, ads and trailers.

The thing is you'd have to test the DVD player in a shop!

I had a Hitachi player that had a "DIsc navigation" button which brougth you to a separate player generated menu as soon as you pressed this button bypassing the forced menus and from here you could access the main menu.

I've seen players with "Random" buttons which will as you'd expect just play a random title + chapter.

As I say, it's not easy to come across them. Best bet would be go into a load of shops and ask to see the remote controls and then fiddle with the buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

When I press "Top Menu" on my Bluray player it jump's to the jacket Play / Chapter select screen....

Sol

Advertisement