Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HPS Ammo Pimer issues!!!!

• 06-04-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

HI lads, oops!! and ladies,

Last Saturday I purchased some HPS ammo - 155gr .308win.

They shot very well. :D

When I got home I noticed a mark on the primers... ALL of them!!!

It would seem a little too much pressure used to seat them.

Is it safe to use the rest of that batch?????

The other rounds fired without a problem, but am I tempting fate???

PIcy's:

DSC003361.jpg

DSC003371.jpg

sorry about pic quality but its a camera phone...

fish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

I suggest phoning them, I think its John you need to ask for, he does the ammo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭shanmoll308

Hey Fish.
    I have the very same marks on my 155g HPS ammo and they all shot fine with no pressure signs. I also have boxes of 175g HPS and they do not have that mark on the primers :confused:

Shanmoll308

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

I think it's quite common on that ammunition.

Perfectly harmless AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Once I know the primer isn't going to perforate and give me a new hair cut!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its only a tool mark from the priming tool. Completely harmless and on all/most HPS ammo.

EDIT - Just done a check on the 155gr, 175gr, and 190gr HPS ammo i have here. All of them have those marks in varying degrees of severity. I only have a couple of each rounds left having fired all the others and i've never had any indicators of pressure damage on any of them. No ring/halo/crater around the primer, no fouling on the neck/shoulders, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Thanks lads, better safe than DEAD!!!

Advertisement