Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor to O2 issue

Options
  • 06-04-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey guys,

Recently went to buy a samsung galaxy s from meteor but I'm currently on the one month contract lark. The guy in the shop told me that i am eligible for an upgrade but that I would lose my free meteor to meteor calls and texts. The primary reason for staying with meteor is my free calls and texts.

The way around this would be to go to O2 change to prepay there and come back to him so he could re-sign me as a switching customer.

So far so good... Went into O2 on Monday night and asked to be switched to O2. The guy said that's fine your number should port over on Tuesday morning around 11/11:30. Problem is it's now Wednesday at 11 and still no porting.

Does this mean I'm tied to Meteor for 30 days like my contract says (despite of what the Meteor guy told me in the shop?) Or should I just ring O2 and ask them to get the finger out?

Thanks for any replies in advance, bit of a noob around here.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Did O2 ask you for your meteor account number when they were submitting the port? i ask as this is possibly the most common error causing billpay porting issues.

i'd double check with O2 that the details put through were correct. the 30 day thing doesn't really stand when porting outside of your first 30 days so this shouldn't be the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cannot answer your question, but just over a year ago I ported from O2 to Meteor. Like you I was told it would happen in a few hours. To cut a long story short, it took almost 4 weeks to get transferred.:eek: Hope you have much better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Temporary Dub

No I never got asked a thing about account number, just my phone number. I suppose give O2 a ring with my account number and they should be able to sort it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

No I never got asked a thing about account number, just my phone number. I suppose give O2 a ring with my account number and they should be able to sort it then?

that should do it alright

Advertisement