Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signal splitter for Sky?

• 06-04-2011 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

We have Sky tv, tied into a contract with it for the next while unfortunately, and pay for one additional multiroom thingy. But we have a third TV which we would love to hook up to it also. But I'm not arsed paying for another call out and another box, and another multiroom sub, and all the other BS that Sky go on with.

Is there something that I can buy that will allow me to share the sky signal with another TV? What is this something and where can I buy it in Galway?

Apologies for the vague nontechnical language but I really don't have a clue about this stuff so any advice/info is welcome:)

Comments

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55
    You might get a better answer in the satellite forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a way to split. I'll move this to the forum where they'll explain how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Do you want to be able to watch different channels on the third televisions?

You can install a IR receiver on the third television that will allow you to change the channels on the box from a different room you will have to have some way of feeding the RF out signal from the box to the television. There may be extra cables behind the television.
    Alternatively you could use a wireless video sender but the results might not be the best depending on your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

12 element wrote: »
    Do you want to be able to watch different channels on the third televisions?

You can install a IR receiver on the third television that will allow you to change the channels on the box from a different room you will have to have some way of feeding the RF out signal from the box to the television. There may be extra cables behind the television.
    Alternatively you could use a wireless video sender but the results might not be the best depending on your situation.

Being able to watch different channels on the third television wouldn't be an absolute necessity. The televisions are in neighbouring rooms; would that help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

A cable from Skybox RF2 is the simplest, most reliable option. You can use a remote sender like this tvlink (it's powered by the Skybox).
    It is setup something like this (ignore the bits that don't apply).

There's also the option of using a long scart lead or phono lead with scart converters which will deliver better quality than the above. http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/scartext.htm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

A cable from Skybox RF2 is the simplest, most reliable option.

But, unlike Scart, will provide only mono audio and passable picture quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vdubber9411

We have Sky tv, tied into a contract with it for the next while unfortunately, and pay for one additional multiroom thingy. But we have a third TV which we would love to hook up to it also. But I'm not arsed paying for another call out and another box, and another multiroom sub, and all the other BS that Sky go on with.

Is there something that I can buy that will allow me to share the sky signal with another TV? What is this something and where can I buy it in Galway?

Apologies for the vague nontechnical language but I really don't have a clue about this stuff so any advice/info is welcome:)

Hi, I am West of Ireland based. I could install a magic eye which will send the signal from the sky box of your choice to the third room, the magic eye room will have to watch the same as the box it is connected to. I'll do this for €60 as long as you're North Galway! or better still I could install a Freesat Box for €149, giving you independent control, same dish, nice box, reliable installer! You'll have to give me til May though! snowed under.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Of course the simplest solution is a Videosender - provided the signal can get through your wall.

Advertisement