Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Galway Train Station to Renmore

Options
  • 06-04-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me if there is a bus from Galway train station to near carlton hotel, Renmore? or from nearby to renmore

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes there is a bus.
    It's only about a 20 minute walk though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Walking:

Walk out of train station, down the hill until you just touch the bottom of Eyre Square, turn right, walk out College Road as far as a pub/restaurant called The Huntsman. Turn right (The G Hotel will be on your left handside) and continue until you see the Carlton Hotel, also on your left handside.

Travel Time = 20/25 minutes, relaxed pace with no bags.

Bus:

Walk out of train station, walk down the hill until you are at the bottom corner of Eyre Square, walk straight on, going up a slight hill (this is one side of Eyre Square) about 50 - 70 metres to the Bus Eireann Route 9 Bus Stop (almost opposite O'Connell's pub). The bus goes to Doughiska but will drop you about 50 metres short of the entrance to the Carlton Hotel

Travel time = 10/15 mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Would it not be faster and more scenic to go via Fairgreen Road, Lough Atalia Road and cut across by the playground and emerge at Dublin Road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Don't the number 2E and 5E bus also go to Renmore, with the 2E running to Lisbeg lawn??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Don't the number 2E and 5E bus also go to Renmore, with the 2E running to Lisbeg lawn??

I think thats the 2E and 4E, 4E going to Merlin Park.

Personally I'd walk beside the tracks from the station, turn left at the army barracks and straight down to the Dublin Rd, Carlton is straight over the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

The 5E was mentioned in another thread as going that way too.

It's well and good talking about walking, lads, but that's not the best plan if you have a lot of luggage or something, which the OP could quite possibly have. I wouldn't fancy 'walking the line' with a big bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

The 5e bus goes to ballybane via new mervue passing the carlton hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

staying in the carlton just for one night.. might walk it or bus it i didn;t realise it was so close.. thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The 2E, 4E, 5E and 9 all go past the Carlton. Just ask the driver where to get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    Would it not be faster and more scenic to go via Fairgreen Road, Lough Atalia Road and cut across by the playground and emerge at Dublin Road?

No. It's longer (you're walking two sides of a triangle instead of one). Only sometimes more scenic: on a windly day it's just unpleasant.

OP, I'd dispute the 20 minute walk claim. 'Twould take me 30-35 mins (and yes, I've done it more than once). Technically I think it's Mervue you're going to not Renmore (left side of the Dublin Rd as you go out of town, not right).

But this advice is spot on:
    The 2E, 4E, 5E and 9 all go past the Carlton. Just ask the driver where to get off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

snubbleste wrote: »

Walking down College Rd is definitely faster, and you can still cut down by the playground that way.

Lough Atalia Rd is one of those roads that seems like it's never going to end

Advertisement