Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morbid Angel "Illud Divinum Insanus"

Options
  • 06-04-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illud_Divinum_Insanus#Track_listing

Set for release on June 6th, thru Season of Mist.

Check out the truly INFANTILE songtitles :eek:. I wonder is this their equivalent of Metallica's "St Anger". I was expecting big things from this, but going on this information, it looks like I'll be profoundly disappointed!!!??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

In fairness a good album isn't made of how awesome the song titles are, unless you listen to Anal Cünt of course, but they do look a bit... Cheesy?? Is that a good word for it? Like, come on, "Too Extreme!!!1!!1!111", that is not very Morbid Angel now, is it? I have a feeling all of that would be Azagthoth's doing, I don't think that's David's doing — although, going by recent promotional photo's they released, David's looking a bit 80's camp Metal, same with the rest of them to be honest. Lack of Pete on the kicks is annoying me slightly.

But, regardless, if the music is good, who gives a **** if the song's are called "Beauty Meets Beast" and "I Am Morbid"?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Something that took this long to be produced is either a masterpiece or a big failure: hopefully not the latter, even if I doubt will be anything even close to "Blessed are the Sick"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nailz wrote: »
    In fairness a good album isn't made of how awesome the song titles are, unless you listen to Anal Cünt of course, but they do look a bit... Cheesy?? Is that a good word for it? Like, come on, "Too Extreme!!!1!!1!111", that is not very Morbid Angel now, is it? I have a feeling all of that would be Azagthoth's doing, I don't think that's David's doing — although, going by recent promotional photo's they released, David's looking a bit 80's camp Metal, same with the rest of them to be honest. Lack of Pete on the kicks is annoying me slightly.

But, regardless, if the music is good, who gives a **** if the song's are called "Beauty Meets Beast" and "I Am Morbid"?

By the looks of those song titles and the look that David Vincent has adopted in recent times, they look like they've gone in a Manowar/Power Metal direction?? I hope I'm proved wrong, though.........

But, regardless, if the music is good, who gives a **** if the song's are called "Beauty Meets Beast" and "I Am Morbid"?[/QUOTE]

It matters quite a bit if they turn out to be utter *****, tbh.

By the looks of those song titles and the look that David Vincent has adopted in recent times, they look like they've gone in a Manowar/Power Metal direction?? I hope I'm proved wrong, though.........
    I don't think the music will change much, I'm still expecting evil riffs and nonstop pounding double bass, just not by Pete. I reckon the music will be of some quality equal to old Morbid Angel stuff, just Azagthoth is out of ideas with what to put into his lyrics, he said himself he's not the best with words (when not off his head on substances :pac:), I sincerely doubt "Too Extreme!" was Vincent's idea.

I don't know why really, I just kind of know it is something Trey would do/say — Trey like a lot of different types of Metal, loves Van Halen and Kiss, and when he does speak he used all these really Metal terms like "Rock hard" and "Yeah!" and he does the horns, all very awkwardly.
    It matters quite a bit if they turn out to be utter *****, tbh.
    I'm going to be optimistic and hopeful; I think the new album will be just fine, regardless of the silly song names. And if I'm wrong, **** it, I'll just go back and listen to the awesome riffs and tapping in "Sworn to the Black", I'll be content none-the-less!

• Advertisement

Those songtitles are for real!!!! They are listed on www.morbidangel.com.

I wonder what Trey was smoking when he came up with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Something tell me this will either be their magnum opus or just total rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

It will probably be fine like most metal bands that are around too long and best work was in the early years of their career, seen it with the likes of Obituary, Suffocation etc. rarely do they release a pooor album just nothing very good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Just listened to a track from this. Its alright, still not too gone on it. I'll give it a few more listens and see if it grows on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I thought it was a bit ropey at the start but from 2:00 it's actually pretty good!

• Advertisement

I think it is quite good, definitely above what I was expecting.
    I find always amazing how these drummers can keep a constant background of double bass drum, they must have a pair of bionic legs.

Bit indifferent to the opening of the song, still good though, but as Pyr0 said after 2 minute mark it was pretty awesome!

darconio wrote: »
    I think it is quite good, definitely above what I was expecting.
    I find always amazing how these drummers can keep a constant background of double bass drum, they must have a pair of bionic legs.

Its done on computers now. "Copy & Paste" etc. Watch "Some Kind Of Monster" by Metallica, there are some snippets there of them doing drum tracks and it gives a good insight.

That's what I was thinking, but what about the live performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Its not a program, its just a triggered crap production that makes it sound like a typewriter. Yeung is that fast, but completely soulless. MA did use programming on a few sections of 'Gateways to Annihilation' though.

AaronEnnis wrote: »
    Its not a program, its just a triggered crap production that makes it sound like a typewriter. Yeung is that fast, but completely soulless. MA did use programming on a few sections of 'Gateways to Annihilation' though.

That drum sound gave me a bloody headache. Sounded like a drum machine. Didn't sound real at all.

I've heard snippets of all the songs on this album. There are 2 passable songs on it. The rest is pure *****. Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yep, I've also heard some snippets and have read many peoples reviews and opinions. Apparently this album is going to be the biggest disaster ever and by the sounds of the samples, I'd be inclined to agree.

Leon Macey from Mithras (a fantastic band) gives a track by track analysis of the album near the bottom of this page for anyone who wants a jist of the album sound:
    http://mabb.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9487&start=280#p153627

Yep, I've also heard some snippets and have read many peoples reviews and opinions. Apparently this album is going to be the biggest disaster ever and by the sounds of the samples, I'd be inclined to agree.

Leon Macey from Mithras (a fantastic band) gives a track by track analysis of the album near the bottom of this page for anyone who wants a jist of the album sound:
    http://mabb.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9487&start=280#p153627

Where?

The link is automatically directed to Leon Macey's post, it's under 'L Macey'.

• Advertisement

The link is automatically directed to Leon Macey's post, it's under 'L Macey'.

Cheers. Going by the samples I've heard, it's definetly an album I'll be avoiding.

RIP Morbid Angel.

It'll be interesting to see how the press view this one.

Oh well, maybe there's another legendary death metal band who can release something extraordinary to make up for it...;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_gQsSv9s8

It'll be interesting to see how the press view this one.

Oh well, maybe there's another legendary death metal band who can release something extraordinary to make up for it...;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_gQsSv9s8

Who's that? Can't access that link here.

Who's that? Can't access that link here.

really? works fine for me. It's a song from Autopsy's upcoming album! The tracks released so far sound ferocious!

really? works fine for me. It's a song from Autopsy's upcoming album! The tracks released so far sound ferocious!

I'll pass on that then. Not into that kind of gory death metal tbh.

I'll pass on that then. Not into that kind of gory death metal tbh.

Ah you never know, Autopsy are a completely different beast altogether...completely peerless in the death metal scene. I wouldn't be into the gory stuff either. (I don't rate Cannibal Corpse particularly highly)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

Album sounds pants from what ive heard so far......

• Advertisement

Ah you never know, Autopsy are a completely different beast altogether...completely peerless in the death metal scene. I wouldn't be into the gory stuff either. (I don't rate Cannibal Corpse particularly highly)

Autopsy are pretty gory aren't they?? :confused:

Advertisement