Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morbid Angel "Illud Divinum Insanus"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

holy f**

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

holy f***

Fixed that for you. :D

jaysus....just read all the mi reviews....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm dreading, absolutely dreading seeing them at Hellfest and Wacken now. D'ya know when a band will ask the crowd "You guys got the new album?! Well here's a few songs from it!" and they crack out a few tunes. That's all well and good if the band in question is Cynic and playing something from Traced in Air, an album that was long awaited from Cynic fans and was, in my opinion, f*cking brilliant.

In Morbid Angel's situation though, they'd be left with an awkward silence to that question, a few people will shout their genuine support for the album, others will shout out of sympathy but a lot of others, like myself will stand there and cringe and hope to God(heh) that they play one of the few decent songs from the album.

I wasn't too pushed that Heretic was pretty lame but I've been waiting years to hear another album as good as Domination, Gateways, Altars, Formuals, Blessed. Well, pretty much anything before Heretic! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Karamoja

Just had a listen to it there, I am extremely disappointed. There are like 2 maybe 3 good songs, but not good enough to listen to again.

Oh well, Morbid Angel RIP

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

The wannabe industrial tracks are ****ing dire, to the point of being laughable at times. The death metal tracks are mediocre, with a couple of exceptions.

S***e.

I got the whole album, just giving it a listen now. Intro is boring as usual. What the FCUK is up with that Too Extreme song?

Existo Vulgori and Blades for baal are two average songs, no real moment where you're like "yeah Morbid Angel!!!"... the latter being more like something found in one of Tim Yeungs bands, doesn't sound very Morbidy. Existo is good enough though, has a classic morbid sounding solo... I suppose that made me go "Yeah morbid angel!!" but that was the last 30 seconds of the song.

I am Morbid isn't really a bad song, it's just not Morbid Angel. I'm guessing if they're releasing a music video, this will be the one. You could put it on in your granny's house and she wouldn't mind.

10 More Dead has a more distinctive Morbid sound, slow down-tuned sludgy riff, with a good blastbeat-ridden solo.

Destructos vs. the Earth is the Morbid Manson song. I'll delete that one.

Nevermore is grand. Easy listening death metal I'd call it.

Beauty meets beast, very boring and slow song, I skipped through most of it.

Radikult........... you know that one already.

Profundis Mea Culpa.... absolute shyte. It's not metal or dance or techno. I dunno what it is. Extreme dance or something? Whatever. *delete*

So in the end I'll be deleting seven or eight tracks from the album. The most disappointing thing is the lack of decent solos. I thought the album would be dripping with that Azagthoth dude. Also, I don't know why people think he's a guitar god, all his solos are just fast thrash metal solos... which are just tapping and shredding randomly all over the fret board. He doesn't even do arpeggios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

there's an absolute sh*t-storm of abuse going down on their facebook page. No one is happy with the album. They've even got quotes from big names in underground metal saying how good the album is, no doubt a fast one pulled by the label:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/officialmorbidangelpage

• Advertisement

ok i've just heard "i am morbid" and it's actually very good..

Not by MA's standard, it's not.

It's tripe.

Not by MA's standard, it's not.

It's tripe.
    seems par for the vincent course..

seems par for the vincent course..

He was on their first 4 albums, and most of that material(especially the first 3) are class.

His stint in his mot's band has f***ed up his brain and his musical taste.

He was on their first 4 albums, and most of that material(especially the first 3) are class.

His stint in his mot's band has f***ed up his brain and his musical taste.
    i know....

however, by domination he was already heading this way...(although it's a great album)

there's an absolute sh*t-storm of abuse going down on their facebook page. No one is happy with the album. They've even got quotes from big names in underground metal saying how good the album is, no doubt a fast one pulled by the label:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/officialmorbidangelpage

Holy jaysus! Well I'm starting to feel sorry for the boys now. Like, what the hell are they supposed to do for a living after this disaster? Pack shelves in Tesco? Imagine them working in Walmart and having to pack their own album into the 99c bargain bin.

It's official. Their new album is the biggest disaster in metal history.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Morbid-Angel/229562863721011

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Karamoja wrote: »
    It's official. Their new album is the biggest disaster in metal history.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Morbid-Angel/229562863721011

Genius

They've even started to create memes of this monstrosity. The amount of abuse that's getting flung at them is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This version has better sound quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

As a ****ing huge Morbid Angel fan, it's hard to disagree, having heard leaked tracks of the album I think it's right for me to judge it's a horrible collection of songs. Sickening. Still, they're the reason I go into Death Metal, so that says something for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

I think many fans out there are getting influenced by the common opinion that this is shyte.
    Only for the fact that I grew up with the death metal scene and that they have been of inspiration for thousand groups I decided to give this release a go.
    I agree this album is not their masterpiece but I don't think it is that bad either, or at least not as bad as it was depicted.
    For instance, I think the new album from Pestilence, with its forced technicality, was more disappointing than IDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I hope if this is what motivates Trey to keep creating music, he has the will to continue with it on the next album. I won't be listening though. That said, even if this was deemed to be a successful fusion of vastly different genres, I probably still wouldn't have liked it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

What a shame! I was looking forward to this but the bits and pieces I have heard are awful. The song titles alone are cause enough for every copy to be destroyed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

My first reaction was WTF?

That ain't Morbid Angel...

Unless they are trying to go more commercial...? But even then, having just sat through "Radikult" and "Destructos..." I feel like i'm never gonna get those minutes of my life back...

DrumSteve wrote: »
    My first reaction was WTF?

That ain't Morbid Angel...

Unless they are trying to go more commercial...? But even then, having just sat through "Radikult" and "Destructos..." I feel like i'm never gonna get those minutes of my life back...

You won't :D

Pete Sandoval has left Morbid Angel. Why? Because - according to David Vincent - "he has found Jesus".

New album called "Kingdoms Disdained" out on December 1st

• Advertisement
Advertisement