Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational Building Society - Direct Debits

Options
  • 06-04-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Long time customer of esb and was signing up on line for the super saver plan. Grand until I was filling out my bank details, (Educational Building Society)

My sort code: 93-90-21 which comes up as AIB. which is grand.

The Space at the Bottom: Do I just type in my Educational Building Society's Account Number, will that do the job.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi danjo-xx,

You'd think our ties with EBS would be stronger. ;)

Sorry, jokes aside, I checked into this further for you to be absolutely sure, and unfortunately there would be problems setting up the direct debit using Educational Building Society.

Direct debits will only work with current accounts from a Republic of Ireland bank (credit unions and building societies unfortunately aren't accepted).

I hope you can sort something out to avail of the discounts. Note that you can still receive significant discounts without availing of direct debit if you are a long-time customer of ESB Electric Ireland (>12 months) and are still with us. It would be best to have our Sales team look into this for you; they can be contacted on 1850 30 50 90, or you can also request a callback.

Hope this helps,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi danjo-xx,

You'd think our ties with EBS would be stronger. ;)

Sorry, jokes aside, I checked into this further for you to be absolutely sure, and unfortunately there would be problems setting up the direct debit using Educational Building Society.

Direct debits will only work with current accounts from a Republic of Ireland bank (credit unions and building societies unfortunately aren't accepted).

I hope you can sort something out to avail of the discounts. Note that you can still receive significant discounts without availing of direct debit if you are a long-time customer of ESB Electric Ireland (>12 months) and are still with us. It would be best to have our Sales team look into this for you; they can be contacted on 1850 30 50 90, or you can also request a callback.

Hope this helps,

David.

Thanks for your reply but that is very strange as in the past I have had 2 or 3 direct debit payments via EBS and currently my upc account is paid by direct debit from EBS.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply but that is very strange as in the past I have had 2 or 3 direct debit payments via EBS and currently my upc account is paid by direct debit from EBS.

Were any of these payments for your electricity account, or were they all with other companies?

Their direct debit facilities/policies may differ from our own.

Were any of these payments for your electricity account, or were they all with other companies?

Their direct debit facilities/policies may differ from our own.

Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure I used to pay my E.S.B account by dd/EBS until I decided to pay by laser and now visa debit card.

I've never had any probs paying by dd/EBS.

Its through an EBS Instant Access account.

Would you like me to get someone to call you back? If you PM me your name and phone number I can arrange this.

Our Sales team might have more success entering the details manually, and they would also have access to your account history etc, but as I said, direct debits generally only work with current accounts from a Republic of Ireland bank.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement

Would you like me to get someone to call you back? If you PM me your name and phone number I can arrange this.

Our Sales team might have more success entering the details manually, and they would also have access to your account history etc, but as I said, direct debits generally only work with current accounts from a Republic of Ireland bank.

Thanks,

David.

thanks David for all your help.

As you suggested I got on to the Sales team and explained the situation and was told "I never heard of EBS" :D after consulting his superviser he was instructed to input all details and see if system accepts it and hey Bingo... should have tried it myself on line in the first place.

ah well happy ending.:)

That's great to hear. :)

He works for ESB and never heard of EBS?? :rolleyes:

;)

(overdosing on smileys here)

All the best,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

David.

I've been paying my bill for over 20 years on a DD through my Credit Union (what they call a Budget Account).:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement