Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: Meteor Nokia C3 cannot send/receive text messages

Options
  • 06-04-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

This is the second time in the last four weeks that I've been unable to send or receive SMS messages. The first tiem I made sure all my text message settings were correct, which they were, made sure it wasn't a network problem, which it wasn't. I went into a Meteor store and the sales assistant said I may be having the problem as my sim card is quite old. He gave me a blank sim which I registered with Meteor Customer Care and the problem stopped.

I have been using the new sim since I got it about four weeks ago but am having the same problem again today. I've realised that not only can I not send or receive text messages from my handset, but messages I'm sending through Meteor webtext are not delivering either. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm reluctant to contact customer care because I'm constantly on hold for long periods, find the staff short and often incompetent.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Meteor's text message service was down today in alot of areas this is probably why you are having issues.i also had no Meteor data service for a while today but all is working again.

Advertisement